Help with droid 4 gingerbread

ricpdjrr

Reaction score
HELP.....

I have broken my screen on my droid 4 gingerbread and would like to be able to get the HDMI working with the key board to get my data off. If some one could give me the exact key presses the get the HDMI working from the home screen I would really, really appreciate it....

thanks in advance...... Rich..

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

MrCatPC

Reaction score
(Tip: At the external screen switch your TV/HDMI input source on so communication can begin immediately upon connecting the cable to your Droid 4, if your TV works like mine allowing selection of a source before it's actually connected)...

Here's my step-by-step pretending not to see my working D4 screen. These steps assume you can successfully power-up the phone & no app is intercepting HDMI stock settings & also that your phone is using stock Home Screen:

1. Slide keyboard on your D4 to open position.
2. Connect HDMI between D4 & external monitor.
3. At this point my HDMI mode screen automatically pops up **...
3a. Press ↓ (down arrow key) twice... 1st press highlights WebTop mode, 2nd press highlights Mirror mode.
3b. Press Enter key to engage Mirror mode.
4. Depending on your security setting you may then still need to unlock the D4 with swipe/PIN/face, etc... hope your glass lens on screen isn't dangerous!

Note ** (above)... if HDMI is not enabled on your D4, here's the key presses to get it switched on, starting between steps 1 & 2 and assuming your screen can unlock so that these keys react & aren't stuck at lock screen:

1a. Press Menu/Settings key (1st on left at bottom of screen, or closest to the opened keyboard slider along right-hand edge of landscape-oriented screen)... even if those 4 hardware keys on your touchscreen don't illuminate, hopefully you see the triple-bar symbol painted there.
1b. Press ↓ (down arrow key) three times to highlight System Settings, bypassing Wallpaper & Manage Apps from the Home Screen menu.
1c. Press Enter key to engage System Settings.
1d. Press ↓ (down arrow key) eight times to highlight Display Settings.
1e. Press Enter key to engage Display Settings.
1f. Press ↓ (down arrow key) eight times to highlight the last item for Display Settings, which is 'HDMI Connection' under the HDMI Settings section.
1g. Pressing Enter key should toggle the checkbox to enable/disable the HDMI connection by cable. You may need to press Home key to see settings take effect.

...hopefully you'll see something at this point. Good luck! :)K

Sent from my DROID4 using Droid Forums

OP
R

ricpdjrr

Reaction score
Thank you very much, I will give it a try....

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk