Help with a choice!! Thunderbolt now, option to replace with Stratosphere, Charge, D3

aarons1584

Reaction score
Hello all, first post here, I currently have a Thunderbolt, it was replaced by Asurion around a month ago, and since then the battery has been terrible, only getting around 2 hours of being on the phone, I called to ask if something could be done about this. Asurion sent me a brand new Thunderbolt overnight, I got it today, and the brand new Thunderbolt is DOA. I called Asurion and spoke to them, and they advised me they can switch this out and REQUEST another new Thunderbolt, Charge, or Droid 3 to replace the Thunderbolt. I live in Wilmington NC where 4G is active, so I hate to lose that, but kind of looking around, the Droid 3 would seem to be the nicest option to go with, but looks like it does not have 4G, anyone else have suggestions for me?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Charge is hard on the battery, but I still love it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

gmorgan056

Reaction score
I would narrow it to Charge or D3. My wife has a Charge and loves it and has had no issues. D3 is a solid option as well. Depends on whether you want that 4g Speed.

wolstonc

Reaction score
Not even asurion wants to sell revolutions. I'd say try to pressure them into giving you a bionic. Its a great phone that you actually may have a small chance of talking them into.

Also, batteries are a warranty issue. I have no idea how you managed to get to asurion without them demanding you go through the warranty process with vzw

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Hello all, first post here, I currently have a Thunderbolt, it was replaced by Asurion around a month ago, and since then the battery has been terrible, only getting around 2 hours of being on the phone, I called to ask if something could be done about this. Asurion sent me a brand new Thunderbolt overnight, I got it today, and the brand new Thunderbolt is DOA. I called Asurion and spoke to them, and they advised me they can switch this out and REQUEST another new Thunderbolt, Charge, or Droid 3 to replace the Thunderbolt. I live in Wilmington NC where 4G is active, so I hate to lose that, but kind of looking around, the Droid 3 would seem to be the nicest option to go with, but looks like it does not have 4G, anyone else have suggestions for me?
I would go with the Droid 3...at least it is Dual Core. Dual Core > 4G IMO. Also, it has higher resolution (qHD) and better pixel density.

The Thunderbolt does have more RAM though, and RAM is a bigger deal than I used to think it was. And it is 4G. And it's front camera is better. So it'd be a tough choice.

But I think I'd still go with the Droid 3.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Ya push for a bionic, otherwise get the charge.
Yeah, Bionic is better than any of those.

Only thing the Charge has is Super AMOLED...other than that I cant think of anything the other phones dont do better.

t35rk

Reaction score
Another Tbolt is the best option imo.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well I have had the Charge for 2 weeks and I ended up upgrading to the Razr maxx because to me the Charge is slow seems slower then my Droid X before it. Its an okay phone but the battery dies fast and it has such low ram its laughable. It will run great for a while and then start to lag. Hope you find something you like!

Red Droid

Reaction score
Be careful about going back to a 3G phone. If you have unlimited data, it may go away if you back-step to a 3G phone.