Insurance Replacement Screen Went Out! :/

ausstone

Reaction score
Long story short--I dropped my 2nd Droid (replacement) in the lake around two weeks ago. [So Asurion dropped my insurance this week]
-----
My insurance replacement came and everything was all good until last night. It was around 11:50 PM when I plugged in my phone to charge for the night. I checked it at 11:54 and responded to a text that I received and then clicked the lock button at the top and laid it down. Now, the screen on the phone will not turn on. The only response I get from the phone is plugging in the charger (the little light beside the charger comes on--that's all) I have tried a battery pull, a different battery, and left the battery out all night. I have also tried the push the button three times and X and all that jazz.
----
So I called Asurion around 12:30 and told them my issue. They are sending a replacement that should be in by tomorrow but the problem is that my Droid is rooted and has Bugless Beast on it. Will Asurion find that out? If so, what happens?

Also, can I take it to Verizon and ask them to plug it up to their computers? Or will they find out too? What happens then?

So I'm trying to take root off my phone before it goes to Asurion but the computer doesn't recognize.

I'm pretty much out of options :icon_eek:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Long story short--I dropped my 2nd Droid (replacement) in the lake around two weeks ago. [So Asurion dropped my insurance this week]
-----
My insurance replacement came and everything was all good until last night. It was around 11:50 PM when I plugged in my phone to charge for the night. I checked it at 11:54 and responded to a text that I received and then clicked the lock button at the top and laid it down. Now, the screen on the phone will not turn on. The only response I get from the phone is plugging in the charger (the little light beside the charger comes on--that's all) I have tried a battery pull, a different battery, and left the battery out all night. I have also tried the push the button three times and X and all that jazz.
----
So I called Asurion around 12:30 and told them my issue. They are sending a replacement that should be in by tomorrow but the problem is that my Droid is rooted and has Bugless Beast on it. Will Asurion find that out? If so, what happens?

Also, can I take it to Verizon and ask them to plug it up to their computers? Or will they find out too? What happens then?

So I'm trying to take root off my phone before it goes to Asurion but the computer doesn't recognize.

I'm pretty much out of options :icon_eek:

If your phone won't come on I don't see how Asurion is going to look to see if it is rooted. You may want to try a different ROM this next time around, that's the only advice I could give you.

Good luck.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i would suggest using RSD lite to put a stock image on the phone. You can do this without a working screen. Chances are they will take the phone back replace the screen then there is a possibility they can find out. Im not sure what would happen but you could be charged full price for the new unit.

OP
A

ausstone

Reaction score
I can't use RSD because the phone won't respond to being connected to the computer.