Help! What's next?

shanelive13

Reaction score
Dropped and destroyed my 4th Rezound! UGHHH!!! I LOVED that phone! Still insured and under no contract with grandfathered unlimited everything but calls (450) with Verizon... Eligible for upgrade but.... Did a lot of research when I got it but I guess I need to get with the times..... Suggestions? Replace? Upgrade? Give up unlimited? What's the new "best"? (phone, plan,...) Help me oh knowledgeable droid experts!!!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Bummer Shane! I know the feeling though, I've had to replace a couple devices over the years myself.
I think any of your newer devices will be a nice upgrade from your Rezound, but it really boils down to preference.
Do you prefer Sense over Touchwiz? Both the HTC One M8 & Samsung S5 are amazing phones and I think you'd be happy with either device. Do you currently use a lot of data on your unlimited plan or are you willing to give that up? Screenshot of last months usage.
Kvk1d4n.png

If you're anything like me, you value your unlimited data, and if that's the case, you can keep it as long as you're willing to buy your next device at full retail.
Your best bet would be to head to the Verizon store and test drive a few. Our Verizon store had the M8 & S5 side by side, so it was great comparing the two. I really liked the exterior of the M8 (it was snappy as all get out too!) but when it came to the quality of the screen, there was simply no comparison imo, the S5 was much brighter and the colors just popped off the screen compared to the HTC.
Of course this is just my opinion, and as you know, everyone likes something a little different when it comes to smartphones.
Good luck with your decision though and let us know what you decide on in the end. :)

tap'n

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Today's Smartphones vary in size as well. You may want to visit your local mobile store and see which one you are most comfortable with.