Help Unrooting for Verizon Return

randyb69

Reaction score
Hello, I have searched for a guide to unroot the droid 2 and haven't found success. Is there a guide for unrooting after using 1step root found in this forum? I had a issue w/ my droid 2 keyboard, received my new droid 2 and rooted it, but need to send this old phone back before im charged. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
R

randyb69

Reaction score
Well I guess after reading that, I am going to take the chance of sending the phone back rooted, but wiped/cached. Its the keyboard that went out, so if they have a issue w/ me rooting the phone, they can fix the keyboard and send me that one back. ;) Has anyone actually been penalized or charged for being rooted?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I guess after reading that, I am going to take the chance of sending the phone back rooted, but wiped/cached. Its the keyboard that went out, so if they have a issue w/ me rooting the phone, they can fix the keyboard and send me that one back. ;) Has anyone actually been penalized or charged for being rooted?

Unrooting takes only a few seconds, why would you skip doing it...they can void your warranty if they find it, which means they won't fix your phone or send you a replacement.

It's very easy to unroot:

- open the terminal app
- you should see a $ symbol, now do the following
- su
- now you should see a # symbol
- mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
- rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
- rm /system/bin/su
* rm /system/bin/busybox
- mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
- reboot your phone. Toda, no more root
- Complete a factory reset to clear all your personal data and apps you've installed off it

If you have applied ROMs/themes and made other changes it is a bit more work (apply an SBF), but also much more likely they will find your phone is rooted and could cause you problems...

OP
R

randyb69

Reaction score
Well redflea, thanks for that post. I have my stock, rooted backup. I am going to try to flash that and then terminal those commands and see what happens. Thanks for the help

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
R

randyb69

Reaction score
Wow that was easy, once I flashed my stock rom right after root. That extra second to backup stock/rooted was well worth the time. Wow thank you redflea

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk