Help! i want to return to stock 2.1

hookerdj

Reaction score
quickest and easiest way is to get rom manager in the market for free and it will do it for you in less than 5 minutes
edit : im sorry i guess instructions woulda been nice. ALL you do is scroll down to 2.01 non root and just apply that and then after that appplys the 2.1 update will self installl non rooted it does all the work for you

hi, i just recently rooted using this method.
Guide to Rooting Android 2.1 on a Motorola Droid | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog
and i want to go back to stock 2.1
can anyone tell me how i can unroot my droid?
thanks in advance

OP
Y

yyhh94

Reaction score
can you please explain how to unroot using rom manager?

OP
Y

yyhh94

Reaction score
uhh... i went into rom manager and im confused form there; what do i press?

hookerdj

Reaction score
hit the top button to flash clockwork first
2 hit download rom
3 hit stock images
4 hit the bottom one 2.01 then after its done downloading a box will come up saying bacup data and wipe data hit wipe data and when it restarts you will be back to 2.01 after you sign back in it will automatically download 2.1 nonrooted

Last edited:

hookerdj

Reaction score
i hope that was easy enough i just went through the same steps on my phone to make sure they were in the right order just holler if you need help

tu3218

Reaction score
yyhh, was the process of rooting from 2.1 easy? I rooted 2.01 when I had it an it was easy and I'm trying to decide if I want to root my new 2.1 droid.

tu3218

Reaction score
Yeah that tutorial looked pretty easy, compared to another one I saw in the hacks section of this forum. Does downloading rom manager, does that allow you to download roms right from that app?

hookerdj

Reaction score
yeah get the free one first and try cyanogen out first make sur eyou hit the top button to flash clockwork first then go download cyanogen 5062 when you dl it i would suggest wipe data and cache start clean so that it runs smooth for you you have to be rooted to flash clockwork you can dl the rom manager and check it out in the meantime though go to the link above in my post theres tutorials there on how to run rom manager

Yeah that tutorial looked pretty easy, compared to another one I saw in the hacks section of this forum. Does downloading rom manager, does that allow you to download roms right from that app?

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
hit the top button to flash clockwork first
2 hit download rom
3 hit stock images
4 hit the bottom one 2.01 then after its done downloading a box will come up saying bacup data and wipe data hit wipe data and when it restarts you will be back to 2.01 after you sign back in it will automatically download 2.1 nonrooted

ok so im stuck on step 2. i click on download rom and it comes to extras, shadowROM and Jamezelle. What do i do?