Help! Unable to get into my phone! :(

ChEiPs

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm in a real mess now...
My phone has gone into lockdown because the pattern was drawn wrong to many times.
And I know! you're supposed to be able to unlock the phone using your google account.
But that doesn't work either! Even though I'm a hundred percent sure I'm typing everything
correctly... :( It might be because I left wi-fi and any other means of reaching the internet
off. I knooow! So dumb! Can't really sync it to my pc as it seems to be in charging mode...
And ofcourse soft reset doesn't work! :mad: Is there any way to override the lock function?
I really don't want to wipe the memory with the factory reset... Any answers are appreciated!
Thank you! :'(

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
A factory reset is the only option. It won't touch your external sd card. It'll just wipe the internal.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Hey guys! I'm in a real mess now...
My phone has gone into lockdown because the pattern was drawn wrong to many times.
And I know! you're supposed to be able to unlock the phone using your google account.
But that doesn't work either! Even though I'm a hundred percent sure I'm typing everything
correctly... :( It might be because I left wi-fi and any other means of reaching the internet
off. I knooow! So dumb! Can't really sync it to my pc as it seems to be in charging mode...
And ofcourse soft reset doesn't work! :mad: Is there any way to override the lock function?
I really don't want to wipe the memory with the factory reset... Any answers are appreciated!
Thank you! :'(

If you can get into recovery you can do a FDR (factory data reset) you will lose how you have your phone set up but it will clear out that lock. As far as I know that is the only way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
A factory reset is the only option. It won't touch your external sd card. It'll just wipe the internal.

Aww beat me to it! Haha :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
C

ChEiPs

Reaction score
Okay... Thank's for the quick responses, guys! I guess I'll just wipe it then. :/
There probably wasn't anything important on the internal storage anyway...
Thanks again!

OP
C

ChEiPs

Reaction score
Nope, but I will! Unlock throught USB? How does that work? :)

OP
C

ChEiPs

Reaction score

yaterml

Reaction score
This is why I always allow bluetooth hands free command bypass jic. Try rebooting the phone into safe mode then connect usb. Rebooting with it plugged in May have driver issues.

OP
C

ChEiPs

Reaction score
Alright! Thank you everyone for your replies! In the end, I decided to just factory reset...