HELP! Think I bricked my rezound! :(

LizzA87

Reaction score
OK, So I was trying to flash a new rom that had the OTA update so I stopped getting those reminders to update every few days, and I needed Amon RA for it, my phone already had clockworkmod, so I went into HBOOT and it would NOT find the Amon RA file (yes I had it on the root of my SD Card, I tried different SD Cards, ect nothing worked) So I tried just wiping my data with clockwork, it got stuck on the screen with the hat and orange circle thingy, I pulled my battery again and NOW my phone just loads to the lock screen then re starts itself, I tried deleting clockwork off my SD completley but it STILL goes into the clockworkmod menu whenever I hit recovery while in HBOOT, and system restore won't work! PLEASE HELP :( I've tried looking thru a million forums but can't find anything exactly like this so apologizes if it's on here somewhere!

OP
L

LizzA87

Reaction score
WOW YES I AM A MORON, after HOURS of searching I JUST found out you hit the home button to select while in clockwork mod, NOT the power button. Holy Crap...Sorry. Now I hope it still works even tho I completely deleted it off my SD CARD!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the easiest ways to flash a recovery is in the command line. When switching between Amon-Ra and CWM I'd suggest that this is the way you do it.
1) Download your recovery
2) copy it to a convenient location such as c:\android
3) open a command prompt
4) locate your android SDK(cd \<wherever_your_android_sdk_is>)
5) reboot your phone into HBOOT
6) run "fastboot flash recovery <path_to_your_recovery_image>"

OP
L

LizzA87

Reaction score
Thanks! I got it working after I figured out how to properly work clockworkmod, lol. Now I have the rom flashed and everything is working great except I'm not getting 4G where I usually would have before? Only 3G, my power is set to high performance and I'm on LTE/CDMA for network so not sure what the problem is...

OP
L

LizzA87

Reaction score
AND now 4G seems to have kicked in. THANK YOU! :)

mjones73

Reaction score
FYI - When you install a recovery, it's not on your sd card, it's written to a recovery partition in the phone's memory. Deleting whatever recovery install files you had on the SD card is not going to remove it from the phone.

OP
L

LizzA87

Reaction score
So how do I get rid of it if I ever want to change to Amon RA? (still confused as to why that file refused to show up in HBOOT), but clockwork seemed to flash the ROM fine (It is Scotts CleanRom)

genebean

Reaction score
To go from Clockwork to AmonRA just run
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img