Rezound Issue Please Help... ICS Update killed the phone!

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score
My female friend (who knew not to install the ICS update) Installed the ICS update and now the phone will only power on to the white HTC screen and stay there. I had (Amon Ra) recovery installed but being the semi noob that I am I read that it was best to relock the phone. I installed mini-adb and did the commands to relock via the oem lock command. It worked. Upon further inspection Amon Ra was gone. The phone was rooted, unlocked and S-off (I think) via the Hassoon all in one tool (not the latest version) I don't know what to do and I would appreciate any help that may come...

VidJunky

Reaction score
First have you got the phone working again? I don't think we have root for the OTA yet, so if you did the recovery that upgraded you to ICS you may have to wait. I haven't looked for the OTA ICS root yet so there could be one, but recovery from trying to do the OTA while rooted will cause you to be unrooted, and take away or cause all of your rooted toys to no longer work.

OP
JohnnyDepth

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score
First have you got the phone working again? I don't think we have root for the OTA yet, so if you did the recovery that upgraded you to ICS you may have to wait. I haven't looked for the OTA ICS root yet so there could be one, but recovery from trying to do the OTA while rooted will cause you to be unrooted, and take away or cause all of your rooted toys to no longer work.

The phone is stuck at the white startup HTC logo screen.
My only options seem to be the options for fastboot, bootloader, recovery, factory reset and power down.

Shouldn't I be able to either push adb recovery to the phone?
Or copy either a RUU, or the PH.img file onto the SD card?

There has to be a way...
How about a method to re-unlock the phone then flash recovery?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sit there in fastboot; "fastboot flash unlocktoken <path to your unlock_code.bin>"
If you're still actually unlocked, just flash Amonra in fastboot; "fastboot flash recovery <path to amonra.img>"

if that doesn't work, then you probably have to RUU. If you don't have a way to copy the RUU to the phone then use this; "fastboot flash zip <path to RUU.zip>"
**Make sure you still flash it twice.

OP
JohnnyDepth

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score
Sit there in fastboot; "fastboot flash unlocktoken " If you're still actually unlocked, just flash Amonra in fastboot; "fastboot flash recovery " if that doesn't work, then you probably have to RUU. If you don't have a way to copy the RUU to the phone then use this; "fastboot flash zip " **Make sure you still flash it twice.
As of the adb commands late last night that I had pushed...The Rezound is NOW re-locked so I cannot flash any recovery. I don't know which RUU I have to flash because as I understand it I must flash an ICS RUU, not a Gingerbread one because my friend had installed the ICS update, which then led to a reboot that always ends in a white htc screen. Does this mean that I cannot download a *Stock* RUU and that I must download a Scott Rom Clean build of ICS? If so which one do I download? I'm a little lost. More Confusion: In order to get the phone to work I need to get recovery on the phone... In order to get recovery on the phone I need to have the phone unlocked... In order to have the phone unlocked I need to be able to access the HTCdev site... In order to flash CleanROM standard 4.5 The instructions are assuming I can: -Reboot into Recovery (I cannot!) -wipe data and factory reset (I can't because there is nothing on the phone to wipe) -flash the rom (because I don't have recovery) nor am I unlocked (because I relocked the bootloader)

OP
JohnnyDepth

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score
Update: I went to HTCdev to *Re* Unlock the phone... Submitted the code and got the unlock.bin file. I put that inside of the data folder of Hassoon's 2.1 All in one kit... Then I followed the directions and flashed a recovery. From there I loaded up an SD card with a Nandroid Backup I had found lying around of the first time I rooted the Rezound for my friend. Then I used the Nandroid Helper tool, flashed the Nandroid Backup whilst in Amon Ra Recovery...Rebooted to a Beats Logo! Now All I need to do is to flash ICS... Root is gone but no worries. The phone's Bootloader is unlocked and it's S-ON.... Just wanted to clarify for anyone following my debacle!

VidJunky

Reaction score
Update: I went to HTCdev to *Re* Unlock the phone... Just wanted to clarify for anyone following my debacle!

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. It would have saved you a lot of time and headaches. 6 steps to problem solved. I thought you were already to this point and asking why you weren't rooted anymore.