HELP! SOS! Razr Maxx HD STOCK stuck in boot

keepthechange

Reaction score
So a friend has a fully stock razr maxx hd that decided to **** out on him today... i get the moto logo then starts to go through its boot loop img like its going to load but just sits there indefinitely. I've tried soft reset blah blah blah... I can't seem to find a file that'll work with RSD Lite. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im not computer illiterate and have rooted/modded all of my previous phones but havent played with anything in well over a year. Hoping you geniuses and generous, well mannered people will get my friend to step back off the ledge (his daughter played at carnegie hall tonight which he recorded on his phone and then this crap started on his way home after the battery died - BOGUS!)

A million thanks in advance

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, even sorrier that he used THIS phone to record such an event :(

lloydsw

Reaction score
'Cuz this never happened on any phone but a Razr or its derivatives.

OP
K

keepthechange

Reaction score
Why can't you fond a file that works with RSD? Go to sbf and grab the version it was on or newer. I would modify the xml so it doesn't erase data first and give that a whirl. If that doesn't o it, erase data.

Motorola Firmwares

sent from my Tab Pro 12.2

Thank you for the link!! any way for me to tell which version he had? the phone doesnt give me any info that i can find that relates to such...

livinginkaos

Reaction score
There are a couple drawn out ways that may be possible if conditions are right., but the easiest thing to do I'd just grab the newest one.

OP
K

keepthechange

Reaction score
There are a couple drawn out ways that may be possible if conditions are right., but the easiest thing to do I'd just grab the newest one.

Thank you so much, I got it up and running past night...
Used the link you provided and tried one with most downloads, but it failed at step 16. From there I downloaded 3 others but all failed at step 5 for "downgraded security" so I figured the first one was the right one. After some intense digging through threads I found out that any version of rsd lite older than 6.1 won't work...was also able to save/see her performance that he recorded. God damn I love the internet/droidforums ... Thanks again !