Help: sleep mode light.

joegt123

Reaction score
I'm new to the droid, only two days old. When I first opened the box, it was in sleep mode, with it's little green light. That little green light no longer blinks when I put the phone into sleep mode.

This is concerning me as I think the phone may not be sleeping despite my shutting off as many apps as is possible with the advanced app killer.

If anyone knows what's up, help would be appreciated.

Edit: of course, I think I just put this in the wrong board, but....

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the droid, only two days old. When I first opened the box, it was in sleep mode, with it's little green light. That little green light no longer blinks when I put the phone into sleep mode.

This is concerning me as I think the phone may not be sleeping despite my shutting off as many apps as is possible with the advanced app killer.

If anyone knows what's up, help would be appreciated.

OK, first suggestion is to quit worrying about apps running in the backgraound and get rid of advanced app killer. You don't need it.

If the screen is black it is sleeping Do not worry about it, it will flash a green light if a new message comes in.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
You had a light when you opened the box? Mine was off ... :)

The OS on this phone is very intelligent, you will only get a LED flash if you receive email or text AND the phone screen happes to be off at that time, because it is smart enough (programmed) to know that if the screen is on, you might be using it! :)

Therefore screen on notifications will only be in bar, or pop up if you have a 3rd party app for it.

Test it, scren off, have someone send you a text ... it will work.

OP
J

joegt123

Reaction score
I just tested that, and it was exactly as you said. I thought it went off the entire time.

Thanks for the help.