Help! Screen Frozen.

keymiester73

Reaction score
I need to preface my request for help with the disclaimer that I am a total tech moron and ask that any information given to help be in simple layman's terms.

Last week I finally traded in my Blackberry Curve of 2 years for a Droid Pro. I was initially in love with the phone and thought I'd done my research pretty well despite my husband's decree that a new iphone was the better choice. I had my honeymoon phase of about 5 days and now my phone has turned on me!

It started about 2 days ago. I was in the middle of checking a sports update and the screen just froze. About a minute later it was moving again but I noticed a bit of lag. Later that night it did it again when I was playing a game. Total lockup! Same thing tho; about 90 seconds later it was moving but I noticed lag for a few moments afterward as if the screen was trying to catch up. Yesterday it happened for a third time as I tried to open the camera to take a picture. This time it froze for a good 5 minutes and the lag time when it came back lasted for more then an hour. 4th time, last night while trying to navigate from the homescreen, which brings me to this morning. I had charged the phone overnight and when it went to use it this morning the display went dark and is totally frozen. The only thing showing is the banner at the top displaying battery life/signal etc. It's been that way for over an hour now.
What can I do besides, take out the battery and reset it that way? Is this a mechanical problem or does this happen to other Pro's? Also I am losing calls constantly, the phone gets HOT, not warm, HOT with consistent use and now this screen/freezing issue is about to drive me crazy.
Everyone raved about Droid's but I've had more issues with this phone in 7 days then I had with my BB in 2 years. I'm about ready to take it back to Verizon and get something else!!

Sorry to ramble, and any help would be appreciated.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just return it and ask for another.

The heat issue has been known to happen.

But the freezing is the same fix as a BB, battery pull ( except it doesn't take 5 minutes to boot up) :)

Sent from my A855.