Help! Rezound won't turn on?

PoWn3d_0704

Reaction score
Hello! So last night I went to restart my phone to get rid of all the crap notifications from facebook and so on. Anyways, I held down the power key, hit reset and then put my phone down and went to sleep. I, however, did not 'accept the rest' or whatever that pop-up window is that comes up after you hit reset.

So when I woke up and looked at my phone, it was on and basically said 'Are you sure you'd like to resart'. I rolled my eyes, and hit yes to do the restart I meant to do last night.

Well, it restarted, but is now in a constant cycle of power-on... sit for 5-6 seconds with no service, then shut off and start over again. My phone is not rooted, or anything, but I DID run a temp root on the thing like 2 weeks ago... Would that affect anything? It ran fine afterwards, I doubt I did it right.

Please help, Valentines day is Tuesday, and I have to get in touch with the girlfriend, or she'll castrate me... O.O

OP
P

PoWn3d_0704

Reaction score
Solved. Here is how:

1. Power off phone.
2. Remove battery cover and battery.
3. REMOVE and leave the 4G LTE SIM card out.
4. Leave the cover off. <-- This is key
5. Power up phone. (You will get a error that there is not SIM card, ignore it)
6. When it starts go to the dialer and type:

*#*#4636#*#*

I had to press the back button to get the menu button to show me settings.

7. Then click on Settings. Then Wireless & Networks . Then Mobile Networks.
8. Set it to Network mode: LTE/CDMA. Shutdown the phone and return the SIM card and back cover.
9. Restart phone now with cover and 4G card in.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't have to take the SIM card out to fix it, you can leave that in.
The rest is still the same though, but might save a little time rather than taking it out and back in.

But, usually you change it to CDMA + LTE/EvDo rather than the other. Whatever works:) Haha

brendansullivan07

Reaction score
You don't have to take the SIM card out to fix it, you can leave that in.
The rest is still the same though, but might save a little time rather than taking it out and back in.

I had this same problem and followed the steps above and it worked. Even if taking the SIM card out doesn't affect the network settings you're changing, I found it essential; the phone popped up the error message "No SIM card" or whatever when it booted, which actually gave me enough time to even dial that number and get to the settings. Without that, the phone was just turning off again before I had the time to do anything.

In any event, success! :biggrin: