"Help" R2D2,Droid2 and Droid Pro

roach

Reaction score
R2D2 and Droid2 these are two different phones right,I am getting confused with all the droids coming from Verizion.
Droid Pro is coming out in November right,what could possibly be added that we have not seen yet.I can't even find the R2D2 on phonescoop.com
Appreciate if someone can break it down a little better for me please.
THANK'S

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The R2D2 is a star wars themed droid 2 that has a faster processor. The droid pro is an updated version of the droid 2 with a faster processor and world call capabilities. So yeah they are all different, but not by a lot.

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
The R2D2 is a star wars themed droid 2 that has a faster processor. The droid pro is an updated version of the droid 2 with a faster processor and world call capabilities. So yeah they are all different, but not by a lot.
Ok thanks,I didn't think that the processor was any faster.I am looking at it now.But I think I am going to wait for the DroidPro,I likes the first Droid they came out with now I have the X,If they could keep the same screen and add the key board that would be great.
Thanks again

youngti

Reaction score
The R2D2 unit is the same speed processor as the DROID2. This is really just a DROID 2 with a fancy case and added content. Oh and you get a Star Wars dock and white headphones.

Last edited:
OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
The R2D2 unit is the same speed processor as the DROID2. This is really just a DROID 2 with a fancy case and added content. Oh and you get a Star Wars dock and white headphones.
They must of thought of this Droid over night because I try to stay on top of Verizions phones,especially Droids.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya I saw some pictures and specs of the r2d2 on aug 27 and thought it was a joke. Lol kinda cool though for a star wars ultranerd

everstar80

Reaction score
R2D2 and Droid2 these are two different phones right,I am getting confused with all the droids coming from Verizion.
Droid Pro is coming out in November right,what could possibly be added that we have not seen yet.I can't even find the R2D2 on phonescoop.com
Appreciate if someone can break it down a little better for me please.
THANK'S

R2D2 and droid 2 phones are the same with the exception of the paint job and star wars themed in the phone. The droid pro may not be coming out as the expected date because of the infringement lawsuit filed againt all android phones as of today. This may halt production of any new phones coming out in Q4 of 2010 because of this hissy fit from Microsoft. Or it may not, but nothing is certain right now.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
r2d2, to me, is just a d2 with a predetermined theme.... I have an FSU theme on mine.... so to each their own.... I'm not knocking the theme someone chooses for a phone, but the difference is, if I want to, today, change my 'theme' to Atlanta Braves, I can. Heck, if I want to make an R2D2 theme on my D2, I can. Skin it, wallpaper, sounds from mabilo, I can even change my start up animation. Bottom line, I can change my theme to an r2d2 theme better than r2d2 can change their theme to my, or any other theme.

patchm00

Reaction score
Did you make your fsu theme? I'm a nole and would be interested in seeing it. Any screens posted anywhere?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk