Help programs keep running

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
I always have apps running that I closed its drive me crazy let alone killing my battery can anyone recommed a app that will keep them from running til I need them plz

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Tavorus

Reaction score
Root... Then rom LibertyX

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
That's the only thing and root Idk sounds kinda hard not really good with stuff like that

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What specifically? And what evidence shows its killing your batter?

The latest Gingerbread update is supposed to do just that.

Gingerbread does a lot better job at managing memory, so those apps are going to keep running because the OS feels that they should be running to be productive and to give you performance you need of quickly loading the app for you.

When apps live in memory, they don't use any more battery than when you have no apps in memory.

What does eat the battery alive though is when you are actually running the app (such as its open and you're interacting with it) and its using the display for one, the CPU, or the GPS.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I always have apps running that I closed its drive me crazy let alone killing my battery can anyone recommed a app that will keep them from running til I need them plz

Android does not operate the same as Windows. When apps are listed as "running" that does not normally mean they are running. It means they have been loaded into ram waiting to be used. This is done by the OS so that needed apps will perhaps already be loaded into ram and will start much faster. To see what apps or systems are actually using cpu cycles and consuming your battery you can go from a home screen to Settings and find your battery usage chart. It will list the top things that are consuming your battery power. If there is an app there that you haven't been using, then go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Running and find the offending app and force close it. You may want to look around for another app that will do the same job, but not actually need to be force closed.

Good luck.