HELP Phone lost all connection

r1nstang

Reaction score
About 500 today I noticed my phone just spazzed out. I turned it off. took out the battery. etc etc. It booted up. and once it started it kept popping up "android phone failed to start....process com.android." and "process com.google" failed to start.

I get my weather report on the weatherbug from the widget but I get no service at all. no internet, no text, no phone use. anyone got any ideas? it was working just find earlier. I went to turn off the GPS cause I was done with it and now I cant open any program that accesses the internet.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
what?? open settings from the home screen, select "location & security" and check to make sure the first option "use wireless networks" is checked.

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
I went into Menu , settings, wireless controls, and it wont let me in "the applications Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly please try again"

I try to go into the location setting. process com.android.phone as stopped unexpectedly.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This sounds like you will have to do a reset. I would call vzw tech support to see what they suggest on the matter before you try that.

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
I cant call anyone....its my only phone line. haha.
ill do a search on the forum for a reset...but just in case theres nothing on the site about it...anyone know how?
the verizon store opens at noon tomorrow...so i guess i can just wait and make them fix it or give me a new one. its only like a week or 2 old

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I cant call anyone....its my only phone line. haha.
ill do a search on the forum for a reset...but just in case theres nothing on the site about it...anyone know how?
the verizon store opens at noon tomorrow...so i guess i can just wait and make them fix it or give me a new one. its only like a week or 2 old

Then use their chat feature on their website, and see if that works.

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
i had no idea they had such a function. haha i never use their website thanks!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought they did, if not, i know they do have a section where you can email them in about it. So at least one of those options should work.

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
couldnt find a chat section so I emailed them says they get back within 24 hours. well see. Ill most likely end up just taking it into the store

IamGov

Reaction score
This has been reported before. Check out androidforums.com for some answers. Do a search for droid losing connection. I just read about it, but can't find the link, sorry.