Help with sick HTC ONE, Contacts lost, Texts Lost and repeated app closures and falis

Moggster

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was using my HTC ONE X to surf the net when it suddenly just went off, no warning or messages of any kind just a blank screen. I tried to turn it back and it took a couple attempts to get it to come on, when it did eventual reboot it came up with lots of messages of apps that wouldn't start or had closed or stopped etc and turned its self off again.

It then refused to come on, battery was about 1/2-2/3 full.

I think it did come on again at some point but because the back light hadn't come on I couldn't tell and it must then have run flat.
It didn't seem to take a charge overnight, but the next I plugged it into usb and the red led flashed and it came booting up to the fastboot screen (still no backlight) and then shutting down again on a cycle about ever 1.5 mins.

I the stuck it on the mains charger and after a while it started charging, red led on and eventually the green led appeared.
I tried to turn it on and didn't come on, so I tried booting into recovery , holding power and Vol. Down button.

It came on and I selected recovery and after that it booted up.

However all messages where gone, phone contacts, apps etc etc.

My understanding was that would only happen if I had performed a Factory reset.

Anyway looking on to the internal storage from my desktop I can see that all the app folders and pictures that were on the phone before the crashes are still there.

So what I want to know is, can I retrieve the rest of the missing bits, texts and contacts.

Phone isn't rooted and as the phone stands at the moment it keeps suffering from failed app starts and closes, crashed when it rings and gets texts..

I will perform a factory reset once all avenues of contacts retrieval are explored, and if the factory reset doesn't resolve all the other issues I will have to send it back for repair/replacement.

I have tried recuva and Pandora but the internal storage can't be accessed by either of them.

When phone is connected to pc, it goes into debugging mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even a simple definitive answer on whether or not the contacts and texts are stored in a format or somewhere on the phone where they can be recovered from.

Cheers Mog