(Help) New phone or should I wait?

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
I found out yesturday that I'm up for an upgrade. I am stoked about getting a phone and need some help choosing. I root and rom every android device I have so it needs good support. Also I would prefer an unlocked bootloader. Also is there any upcoming phones coming out that I should wait for?

Devices:
DroidX Liberty 3 v2.0 (Current)
Droid 1
Moto Cliq

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well if you're into rooting and roming, can't go wrong with the Nexus in terms of those requirements.

I'm not aware of any upcoming phones, nor do I really care at this point, got my phone of choice I've been waiting for:p

OP
H

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
Well if you're into rooting and roming, can't go wrong with the Nexus in terms of those requirements.

I'm not aware of any upcoming phones, nor do I really care at this point, got my phone of choice I've been waiting for:p

You have the new nexus I'm assuming. I have heard alot of negative things about Samsung phones their quality and such. How did you feel about it?

Devices:
Droid 1
Moto Cliq

OP
H

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
Buzzkill! I just found out that it doesn't have an internal SD card slot... :/

Devices:
Droid 1
Moto Cliq

hydro556

Reaction score
It has 32g built in which is more than I will ever approach in the next 2 years, even if it was removable. From what I understand the type of memory that is built in to the GNex is much faster than the SD we are used to anyway.

So, for my purposes, and most, it would seem, the GNex has the best setup available.

As for build quality, you need to handle the GNex, it is superb. The best of any device I have owned. It appears to be cut with a CNC, LOL. Top notch. I still have 10 days to return for any other phone, but I expect that deadline will pass and I will have the GNex for the next two years. It is an amazing device so far and will only get better as the updates and improvements roll in. It is the darling baby of Google after all.

Good luck with whichever device you choose, there are several cutting edge options available right now.

OP
H

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
It has 32g built in which is more than I will ever approach in the next 2 years, even if it was removable. From what I understand the type of memory that is built in to the GNex is much faster than the SD we are used to anyway.

So, for my purposes, and most, it would seem, the GNex has the best setup available.

As for build quality, you need to handle the GNex, it is superb. The best of any device I have owned. It appears to be cut with a CNC, LOL. Top notch. I still have 10 days to return for any other phone, but I expect that deadline will pass and I will have the GNex for the next two years. It is an amazing device so far and will only get better as the updates and improvements roll in. It is the darling baby of Google after all.

Good luck with whichever device you choose, there are several cutting edge options available right now.

Now that you tell me the gnex has 32 gigs storage I feel better about it. If it only had 16 I would fill that up from my memory card right now. Ill check it out at the store later.

Devices:
Droid 1
Moto Cliq