Opinion on Waiting for Dual Core

MercenaryFH

Reaction score
So I had gotten a Droid 2 Global as of yesturday.....and Alot of people were telling me "WAIT FOR DUAL CORE"......but I dont really see the point?

I can't imagine they'd be taken advantage of correctly with the current Android OS version...and even then battery life would suffer it would seem.

So IMO is it worth waiting for? or kinda a gimmick. I mean I think it's cool, but The Droid Bionic isn't coming out till the summer it would seem.....so.

Then again it'll be a good while for my upgrade...but I can always get the phone when it comes out in the summer (Prolly Bionic)

dbst

Reaction score
Currently I think having a dual-core phone would be for bragging rights but with the newer android OS's coming (such as honeycomb for phones) it will be worth it to have one

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ask yourself this: Is this phone faster than you really need it to be?

I am not switching from my Verizon to a new droid when they drop because this Incredible is still faster than I expect it to be. To this day, after about 4 months of ownership, I am still amazed at how fast this thing is.

Dual core phones would be good for maybe gaming, but I don't play too many games on my phone, I got a ps3 for that.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
as a computer tech I am definetely waiting for a dual core. I am holding out for the D3...can't wait.

John18

Reaction score
one of the reasons i'm waiting for a dual core phone is b/c of Verizon's new contract details. does it essentially mean that i'll have to wait 2 years to buy a new phone under the discounted price or is it something else. anyway... i like to play games on my phones so thats why i'm gonna at least wait for dual core. my original droid is working out just fine for now. the new samsung phone looks awesome. gonna be an expensive spring.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, games is part of it, but you'll really notice a difference with browsing/page rendering as well. When you see a dual core on LTE browsing with PC's speeds you're going to want one, I guarantee it.

Also, power consumption is supposed to be improved, so you'll actually see better battery life (although you won't notice because you'll probably want to use more). I'd guess it makes a difference with the camera and video recorder, too. I'm thinking the alternative launchers will also benefit somehow. Dual core is simply going to significantly improve Android's ability to multi-task, and you should think about what that means for all the services running in the backgrounds, especially widgets.

As mentioned by another poster, the retail prices are exhorbitant which means if you don't get the top of the line, you better have deep pockets because you WILL want to upgrade within a year and will be an unhappy camper while you wait another year for your 2-yr contract to be up.

Last edited:

P7M8

Reaction score
I'm thinking of forgoing the T-Bolt and waiting for a post-Bionic 4G dual core. How long down the road do you think that will be? I like everything about the T-Bolt except that it's not a dual-core. I also like the looks of the T-Bolt a lot better than the Bionic.