Help me?

Bionicboy

Reaction score
So I rooted mybionic and got an app to delete apps that I think I didn't need. I tried to update to ICS and the install failed, but I figured out that its probably because I deleted some important apps that I need. I can't even root again because of it. Please help, thanks.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
did you delete them or freeze them? there's a difference. also. did you make a backup?

OP
B

Bionicboy

Reaction score
I think I deleted them. I did a backup when I rebooted my phone....to see if that would fix the ICS update, but that was after I deleted the apps.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you might have to return to stock, there are a few guides here on our sister site, check em out and make sure to please take your time and read into what you are doing, it'll save you a lot of frustration. Hopefully someone else will come along with more details for you.

Droid Bionic Hacking Guides

OP
B

Bionicboy

Reaction score
Ok I will try that. I tried calling Verizon (before I figured out that it was me who caused the problem) and did a factory reset at least 3 times.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok I will try that. I tried calling Verizon (before I figured out that it was me who caused the problem) and did a factory reset at least 3 times.

Yeah, Verizon isn't going to help here. The FXZ to stock will restore your phone's system to bare stock without cleaning out your data or anything, you should then be able to take the update. Just make sure you know what file to use to get back to stock.

OP
B

Bionicboy

Reaction score
Alright sounds good, now I just need some help on how to restore my phone to stock lol.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright sounds good, now I just need some help on how to restore my phone to stock lol.

Read through those threads in that link I gave, plenty of info there and deff enough to get ya started in the right direction.

OP
B

Bionicboy

Reaction score
Rsdlite downloaded, now just waiting on the 246 fxz