Help!! can not delete/add/format internal storage

0oServanto0

Reaction score
[h=2]Help!! can not delete/add/format internal storage[/h]
I recently rooted my bionic with success (using pete's toolkit) I downloaded TBU and probably deleted/freeze things i should not have deleted/freeze (did not read up on bloatware) so now im stuck...

My phone boots up fine, it can install/uninstall apps and run apps BUT only for the duration until I reboot my phone. Everytime I reboot, all apps that were newly installed are gone including updates, while all uninstalled apps would restore. For example I would uninstall wireless tether, it would then disappear until I reboot the phone in which it auto restores.

I initially tried to unroot my phone by using Pete's tool again, I can successfully unroot the phone by pulling out the usb cable b4 it does the last reboot, but the problem is still there. Once I reboot...same apps come back, including my phone being rooted (checked with root apps).

I figured that to solve any problem I should try using RSDLite method to flash back my stock firmware and at the same time unroot my phone. The program would tell me i succeeded in doing so, yet the problem was not gone. SAME APPS, SAME SETTINGS, STILL ROOTED.

Out of frustration I looked into my internal storage figuring , if I could manually install apps here then they won't disappear.
Here comes the problem.

I connected my phone to the PC (using mass storage) opened up my internal storage drive. there was already some stuff (the apps that keep restoring eg.bootstrap). I tried deleting bootstrap.apk, but once I disconnect my phone, the change would not occur (checked through astro file manager) bootstrap.apk would magically appear again. I tried moving things into the internal storage, and when I disconnect, it would magically disappear.

So i thought I would bring things up another level....I formatted both the internal and the external storage.....both on the computer, and when the phone is by itself.
Even after performing facotry reset, wiped out cache and stuff.....the original files would reappear after disconnecting from computer/rebooting.

can some one help pls? I dont know whats going on or was there something I missed.....​

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Help!! can not delete/add/format internal storage

I recently rooted my bionic with success (using pete's toolkit) I downloaded TBU and probably deleted/freeze things i should not have deleted/freeze (did not read up on bloatware) so now im stuck...

My phone boots up fine, it can install/uninstall apps and run apps BUT only for the duration until I reboot my phone. Everytime I reboot, all apps that were newly installed are gone including updates, while all uninstalled apps would restore. For example I would uninstall wireless tether, it would then disappear until I reboot the phone in which it auto restores.

I initially tried to unroot my phone by using Pete's tool again, I can successfully unroot the phone by pulling out the usb cable b4 it does the last reboot, but the problem is still there. Once I reboot...same apps come back, including my phone being rooted (checked with root apps).

I figured that to solve any problem I should try using RSDLite method to flash back my stock firmware and at the same time unroot my phone. The program would tell me i succeeded in doing so, yet the problem was not gone. SAME APPS, SAME SETTINGS, STILL ROOTED.

Out of frustration I looked into my internal storage figuring , if I could manually install apps here then they won't disappear.
Here comes the problem.

I connected my phone to the PC (using mass storage) opened up my internal storage drive. there was already some stuff (the apps that keep restoring eg.bootstrap). I tried deleting bootstrap.apk, but once I disconnect my phone, the change would not occur (checked through astro file manager) bootstrap.apk would magically appear again. I tried moving things into the internal storage, and when I disconnect, it would magically disappear.

So i thought I would bring things up another level....I formatted both the internal and the external storage.....both on the computer, and when the phone is by itself.
Even after performing facotry reset, wiped out cache and stuff.....the original files would reappear after disconnecting from computer/rebooting.

can some one help pls? I dont know whats going on or was there something I missed.....​

You'll probably need someone with more of a tech background than me, but I'll start with the advice to open Menu/Settings/Manage Applications/Media Area and uncheck everything that is checked. That will move apps from the sdcard-int to the phone's app storage area. It sounds like that will be a good first start.

OP

0oServanto0

Reaction score
Thnx! But i wish this problem was solved that easily. None of my apps were checked in the media area.