Help me unSoftbrick sch1535 CM11

broon

Reaction score
  • I rooted my SCH 1535 and installed CM Version 11-20140215-UNOFFICIAL-d2vzw. Android 4.4.2 (Baseband: l535VRBLMD3) (Kernel:3.4.80-cm

It was working OK except in order to see my WiFi I had to reboot every time WiFi was turned off.
    Plus I was having trouble updating ROMs with ROM Manager.
    I had both TWRP & CM installed, although the phone defaulted to TWRP in recovery.
    I downloaded seveeral CM ROMs via the CM updater in Settings > About Phone & wasn't able to flash.
    So, I (stupidly) ;) WIPED with TWRP​

• Using Odin, I flashed VRALEC.bootchain.tar.tar which gave me the "System software not authorized b Verizon . . ." error
    I then flashed CWM & I still get the same error when I try to boot into Recovery
    But I can still boot into Download.
    I'm thinking the bootloader is locked.
    I've seen some options including:
    - Restore to stock (COMBINATION_I535VRBLK3_I535VZWBLK3_381038_REV09_user_low_ship.tar.md5)
    - supersu_bootloader_fixed

but I'm hesitant to do anything else that might hard brick it.

Open to suggestions! :hail:​

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hang in there I'm sure someone will come by with S3 Verizon knowledge...Odin should get you out of this once we find out the proper files...

OP
B

broon

Reaction score
Thanks
bkdodger. Plase let me know if I left out any relevant info.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you type it incorrectly or is the file showing as VRALEC.bootchain.tar.tar? you have an extra extension on there. Odin might not read it properly.

OP
B

broon

Reaction score
It downloaded as .tar.tar
Maybe that's the problem