Help me out guys

martin23kings

Reaction score
Ok so my upgrade is not until the 26th for my ne2 discount..if i call customer service so they can try and give it to me early what should i tell them ? i really want to get this phone now because my current phone is dead.

droidman101

Reaction score
Id just wait, adding a line could cost something (not sure how much) so id just wait for 10 days, there's nothing stopping you from asking

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Tell them truth about your current phone being dead, then explain to them that you have been a loyal customer for a very long time and had plans to continue doing so if they would be so kind as to accommodate you in this regard. Tell them that having a working phone is imperative for your business/job and that if you cant get it resolved immediately that you are considering switching services. Make sure to mention the specific carrier that you are thinking of switching to and the phone you were thinking of getting from them. If they bring up termination fees disregard it entirely and say that its more important to you at this point to get a working phone immediately and that if they are going to be stubborn and not give you an early upgrade then you would have to lose money either way and rather switch to a company that looked after their customers better.

That aside, if you don't mind extending your contract another two years or something, you can probably get away with just saying that and not even bother with the whole speech... from their end it would be really dumb not to make that deal, monetarily/business-wise its in their favor.. but if you don't care or have any plans on switching then just say that.

My best piece of advice though, is know that you are going to be successful in your mission before making the call. I'm not saying you should be cocky, but you should definetly be confident; know that your request is entirely valid and really not asking that much, if anything they would just be exercising good business practice by agreeing with you. If you sound defeated or like your trying to get something out of them that they shouldnt be granting, then you have already lost the battle. Explain the situation clearly and make the decision for them. And if you don't succeed with the first person you talk to which is very likely, ALWAYS request to speak with their supervisor and then explain the whole situation over again, but this time even better and more convincing because you already have had test run with your pitch.

Good luck :)

Report back with how it turns out.

{{ WugFresh }}

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
...My best piece of advice though, is know that you are going to be successful in your mission before making the call. I'm not saying you should be cocky, but you should definetly be confident; know that your request is entirely valid and really not asking that much, if anything they would just be exercising good business practice by agreeing with you. If you sound defeated or like your trying to get something out of them that they shouldnt be granting, then you have already lost the battle. Explain the situation clearly and make the decision for them. And if you don't succeed with the first person you talk to which is very likely, ALWAYS request to speak with their supervisor and then explain the whole situation over again, but this time even better and more convincing because you already have had test run with your pitch...

QFT

That there's some awesome advice! It has worked for me. The only other thing I would add to this is if you are denied at one Verizon store, try another. My company rep and I went to a VZW store with a reasonable request (my phone fell out of my pocket while jogging and was run over. It was literally hanging in two separate pieces, connected by two wires, but still functioned! That Samsung slider was a great phone. Anyway, the VZW rep said there was nothing they could do except sell us a new phone at full retail or go through the insurance route and get a crappy refurbed unit of "equal" features (we learned our lesson regarding that particular insurance company). Our rep said we needed to think about it for a day and when we came back the next day, we spoke to a different VZW rep. This rep shook her head, mumbled under her breath about her moronic co-workers, told us that it was no problem, we'd been loyal customers for years, she'd switch this, swap that, clicked away for a few minutes on the computer, and ten minutes later, I walked out with a brand-new HTC Touch Pro on a two-year contract.

We made sure to get that girl's name and that's who we went to every time we needed something from Verizon (actually, back then it was ALLTEL, before VZW bought them).

Keep us informed and good luck! You should be able to find someone, somewhere, to work the system for your benefit (and, ultimately, theirs). :)

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
@Narsil
Agree entirely. Basically, all anyone ever needs to succeed in these types of situations, is a genuine person who is cool/willing to help, and ideally they also have enough executive power to authorize whatever it is you want done.

However, without a doubt, the first criteria is the most crucial; as long as you make contact with someone who is cool and believes in you, then you are good. A lower level employee can easily escalate the authorization step to someone they know in the company without you having to go through the hassle of explaining your situation all over again. Just takes one good person who has got your back. And just like you did, if you are ever capable of establishing an ongoing relationship with that helpful person, then you are setting yourself up for a lot less problems in the future.

The most underlying truth to all this is that it really just comes down to communication skills - simply... being personable.

This may be redundant/implied already, but its the simple things like remembering to say please and thank you, that will make the difference.

{{ WugFresh }}

antonyz409

Reaction score
just ask them if they can move it up, they did it to me when i thought it was coming out feb 14. The guy said they can move it up to 30 days

geoff5093

Reaction score
My NE2 discount isn't available for 7 more months (November 2011), but if I pay $20 I can pay the 2-year contract price and get a new phone.