help me decide to stay with droid or get an incredible!!

tktouch12

Reaction score
hi,
i could trade my sister my droid and get an incredible. i cant decide if i should. there are reasons why i would and would not. I have my droid rooted and overclocked to 800-900 mhz. i run roms and stuff, but i like sense ui. will an incredible be as good or better than my droid overclocked?
please take a look at my reasons for each and tell me what you think i should do. (i know its my preference, but maybe some of my reasons are irrelevant)

reasons i would want incredible:
more ram
better processor (wont get as hot like droid does from overclocking?)
probably better screen correctness (screen response correctness)
sense ui
optical trackball
built in memory
lighter
incredible will get gingerbread (barely meets requirments though)
better camera

reasons i would want to stay with droid:
will the processor upgrade be that great since droid has a gpu?
physical keyboard is nice to use to surf web with
incredible has worse battery life? (droid is bad enough)
droid has more roms (more developers working for it)
droid is hacked way more
droid has a sbf in case phone goes crazy
droid has more followers

i worry about the lack of roms, but maybe the incredible is good enough at pretty much stock that it doesnt need a rom? i like sense, but if it wont be as good as my droid i'll stay with it.
battery life is very important also, so if the incredible has terrible battery life i will dislike that, but are there extended batteries that are the same size? (i think that would solve the problem)
thanks

btw, remember this would cost me little to nothing to do, so money is not an issue here (my sister is happy either way)
(so i could spend a little on an extended battery if they make them that dont make the phone bigger)

Last edited:

WhosToBlame

Reaction score
Incredible is Incredible. I have both and the Droid is what I prefer for two reasons only. Keyboard and hack development. They battery on the incredible drains faster than my Droid but also my Droid is using a custom kernel for the processor. I'm sure when the incredible gets some development it will be just as good as the Droid if not better.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
Incredible is Incredible. I have both and the Droid is what I prefer for two reasons only. Keyboard and hack development. They battery on the incredible drains faster than my Droid but also my Droid is using a custom kernel for the processor. I'm sure when the incredible gets some development it will be just as good as the Droid if not better.

but will it get developement? or will devs go right from developing for the droid and just go to the droid x?
and is the battery a lot worse? or is going a day with a lot of texting/surfing no problem?

Googleaddict

Reaction score

but will it get developement? or will devs go right from developing for the droid and just go to the droid x?
and is the battery a lot worse? or is going a day with a lot of texting/surfing no problem?

The battery life is A LOT worse from what i've heard. With a lot of texting and surfing, the incredible will probably last half a day.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
Droid X

10char
i could, but i really like sense, and if i dont have a physical keyboard i want an optical track pad, the screen is huge though.

The battery life is A LOT worse from what i've heard. With a lot of texting and surfing, the incredible will probably last half a day.
thats what i'm afraid of. are there any extended batteries that will make it last all day that dont bulk up the phone much?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had the Droid since day one. I got it because of the keyboard but I find now that with Swiftkey I don't need it.

If I could upgrade to an Android phone made my Motorola that was slim without a keyboard and with no sense or motoblur UI, and it didn't cost me anything I would do it in a second.

My dad bought the incredible. It's nice and light. That's the only thing I like about it. Period.

Every time I see him he wants me to adjust settings and install stuff for him - the Sense UI confuses the living hell out of me. I can do things on the Droid with my eyes shut - after trying to adjust his settings I wanted to throw the incredible in the trash - I HATE it. I would not take one for free.

Right now the Droid does EVERYTHING I need it to do. Sure I'd like an upgrade to a nicer screen, thinner, faster device but it would have to be made by moto and have no crap like motoblur on it.

Until that device comes out I'm happy with the Droid - even if I no longer open the keyboard.

soccer568

Reaction score
Well on droid-life he says cynanogen is working on a rom for the incredible he did a linpack test and got like 36 mflops which is really good. Its your choice though I'm waiting for the 2ghz phones by motorola to come out later this year.