Help - Major problems

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
I rooted my DB last Thursday after receiving it. I then backed up using TI Backup (free version) yesterday, followed by removing some bloatware (Droid Bionic: Apps That Are Safe To Remove Once Rooted - Android Forums). Everything seemed to work fine until I went in and removed the bloatware for Browser and Music. Here's what has been happening since:

1. When I go to make a call it locks up my phone for about 2 minutes, the call then starts.
  2. Quick Contacts keeps losing a couple of contacts. I can add them back, then when I go back into it a while later two others are gone.
  3. When I go to add a comment to FB or text, while my key press are obviously being excepted they are not showing in the preview screen.
  4. During a couple calls with my wife I lost connection and somehow got her voice mail. At one point I could here her talking yet she could not hear me responding (I know that's normal between couples) :)
I have since moved all of the bloatware back, powered off my phone, removed the battery, left it to sit for about 15 minutes, then booted the phone back up, same issues happening. Anyone have any ideas???

Any help would be greatly appreciated

rwking

Reaction score
Did you just root, or did you install a custom ROM as well?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Some bloatware actually is required to run. As stupid as it sounds I remember when I had my d2 I removed music because I preferred a 3rd party music player and as a result my phone would random reboot. This is why I recommend freezing apps instead of removing them. What you need to do is run a sbf so you can restore what you removed.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually I stand corrected. There are 2 ways to fix this, either install a rom or sbf, ill brb with the files.

OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
Some bloatware actually is required to run. As stupid as it sounds I remember when I had my d2 I removed music because I preferred a 3rd party music player and as a result my phone would random reboot. This is why I recommend freezing apps instead of removing them. What you need to do is run a sbf so you can restore what you removed.

I'm considering the freezing, after this mess. I wasn't only concerned about the bloatware wasting resources, I just wanted them out of site as well. I'm assuming freezing, only stops them from running not removing them from being viewed?

rwking

Reaction score
I'm considering the freezing, after this mess. I wasn't only concerned about the bloatware wasting resources, I just wanted them out of site as well. I'm assuming freezing, only stops them from running not removing them from being viewed?

They should be removed from the app drawer when you freeze them with Titanium.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I personally would do the fastboot unless you plan on running a rom any way and then it will not matter. But personally I would rub fastboot and reroot then restore my apps with titanium backup.

OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
Flash Droid Bionic FXZ File (with RSD Lite)

Ok, I followed the steps listed under Flash Droid Bionic FXZ file (with RSD Lite). However my issues continues. So I started to do the How To: Flash Droid Bionic with Fastboot however when I have my command prompt up and to the folder where I stored the files and I type: fastboot flash boot boot.img, I get the following 'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external comman operable program or batch file. Any suggestions?

I am, however unrooted.

Last edited:
OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
Mysterious Droid Fix

Decided I was going to take the phone back to a Verizon store to see if they would do something to fix my issues during my lunch break today. I uninstalled and removed all traces of rooting. Pulled the battery, sd card, and sim card and left the phone sitting for about 15 minutes or so. After that I still had the same issues; taking a minute or two to dial out, not showing typed messages in the preview screen for text or facebook, and my clock had stopped keeping time last night. Well, apparently the magic fix to all my troubles was to try to demonstrate my issues to a cute little woman at Verizon. Believe it or not, just like that everything started working. I haven't had any issues since.

I believe I'll be rooting again soon.