Is my Bionic doomed!?

barronlroth

Reaction score
My Droid Bionic received it's OTA update recently, and after the download/reboot/installation, my homescreen popped up with an "Update Failed!" message. I brought it to the Verizon store and we tried again, to no avail. One of the employees there asked me if I rooted and I did say yes, and he blamed it on that. However, I know it's not because I rooted, but rather because the first thing I did when I rooted (after performing a system-wide backup) was UNINSTALL the included bloatware. Thankfully, I did have a backup of all my bloatware, so I reinstalled the majority of it, but whenever TitaniumBackup attempts to restore "IM 2.3.4" and "IM Presence 2.3.4" TiBu just gets hung up. The progress bar is rolling, but nothing happens, for hours.

How can I get these two bloatware apps back! :frown:
And if/when I do, will my update go through successfully?

wilboy

Reaction score
yap!But take a note,if your going to use option #1,after booted,do not log on to your google acct. yet..skip all! and put your USB to charging mode and USB debugging(check)

Last edited:
OP
B

barronlroth

Reaction score
After I check USB debugging, then I can log in? What are the benefits of 4ever root? And when should I begin the OTA update?

yap!But take a note,if your going to use option #1,after booted,do not log on to your google acct. yet..skip all! and put your USB to charging mode and USB debugging(check)

wilboy

Reaction score
yeah,but be sure also that you are in charging only mode...yap you can log in after applying all.....4ever root,you will stay rooted after flashing the official update 5.893..

OP
B

barronlroth

Reaction score
Must I flash the update or can I let the Verizon OTA do its thing? (sorry for the bombardment of questions :frown:)

yeah,but be sure also that you are in charging only mode...yap you can log in after applying all.....4ever root,you will stay rooted after flashing the official update 5.893..

wilboy

Reaction score
Must I flash the update or can I let the Verizon OTA do its thing? (sorry for the bombardment of questions :frown:)
Well,if you want,go to settings>about phone>system updates...and follow the instructions.

Concistency

Reaction score
I had the "update failed" also for quite some time after a few hours of figuring out the issue. Use option 1 in the tool for root with 4Ev3r root, be sure to follow the instructions thoroughly to get it to work. Once you do that you can receive the update and keep root. If you still get the "update failed" message, update manually by copying it to your sd card via root explorer (more details in other threads), then it will even work or it will give you a error message which will help distinguish your issue and should be able to fix it.