Contacts no longer work

Chopteeth

Reaction score
So I got my Bionic yesterday and after rooting it and and installing Titanium Backup, I started removing bloatware from it. Stupidly I decided to not backup anything, and apparently I managed to mess up my contacts. Every time I click on a contact, it says "The application Contacts Storage (process com.motorola.contacts) has stopped unexpectedly". Luckily I can still call/text people by holding down on their name, but it's still really annoying. Anyway I did some research online and it seems like this is caused by removing the Yahoo Contacts system app on the phone. I have no idea why some stupid Yahoo app is required by Motorola to access your contacts, but right now I was wondering if there was a way someone could upload this app, and maybe the other system apps too, it would be really appreciated. I assume after I got the app I could reinstall it and everything will be fine, right?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Last night I had the same problem and for me it was freezing "corporate sync" with TiBu. Defrosted and it was fixed!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
*Also, there are system dumps that people have posted and they will have the missing files you are looking for (if you actually deleted them).

meaker

Reaction score
If you removed the app and not just froze the app you can't defrost it.. You are pretty much screwed unless you can sbf your phone..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

cwaddell2

Reaction score
I got this to work, make sure you reboot after all chanegs are made.

But my corporate email still will not sync. Any ideas on that?