Help in Tears!!!!! Setting RR.com email

cheifsmom

Reaction score
I am so upset to the point of tears. got the LG Ally through Verizon for two weeks I have been trying to set up my road runner email. I did not have any trouble setting up my G-mail. But Verizon passed me on to road runner after 2 hours of passing me from person to person that could not help me. then Road runner did the same thing with telling me to go back to Verizon when they could not fix.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are in the right place for help - have you looked into K9 - it is a third party email client that will allow you to run multiple email accounts through it

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry you are having issues with you Road Runner account. A month or so ago, I worked with some members who were having issues with RR. I can not recall all of the particulars but I believe they were able to sent mail but needed to be connected to an "approved" network to receive. As of this writing, I've not been able to locate the previous threads but I will continue to look.

Mike

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I would suggest you try K-9 for emails. You can have multiple email accounts in it. Also if I remember correctly, RR is a pop3 account. if you try K-9 you will have to indicate that. Here are some questions that you can ask RR that would help you set up your account rather quickly especially if you switch to K-9.

Ask RR what your incoming server settings are: Pop3 server name, security type and port number.

You will need to ask for outgoing server settings cuz believe it or not they will be different: SMTP server name; security type and port number.

With this information setting up your RR account will be a breeze.