Road Runner Issue

duke6619

Reaction score
I got my Road Runner email set up on the Droid, thanks to this forum and it worked just fine. Now I am having an issue with out going mail which will not work. I checked my settings and they have not changed but when I go to test the out going settings the error message says "Authentication methods are not supported by server". I just happened to be close to a Verizon store and went in to see if they knew what was going on and the out going mail work fine with no changes, I come home and the same error message occurs. Can anyone help? Thanks.

slraines

Reaction score
We had this problem too, it would work away from home but not at home. Try turning off your wifi on the Droid. That solved our problems.

Jordie

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong.. I remember you needed to be a RR.com IP address to send email using there SMTP servers.

slraines

Reaction score
I can send our RR mail via RR from my Verizon IP, so I don't think it's an issue any longer.

RLJSlick

Reaction score
I had this issue also, what you need to do is for your Username you need to use the whole email address, not just your username, so something like [email protected]. That go under where it say "Require sign-in" Don't forget your password also.

OP
D

duke6619

Reaction score
Your suggestion worked. Thank you and Merry Christmas.