Help...I'm sending texts from a crazy number

graciopp

Reaction score
I got my phone a few hours ago. Everything was working fine. I was texting with no problem. I was fiddling around with my new phone and I must have changed something because now when I send text messages the person receives it from a number like 1311**00117686 and not my number. When they reply to that number I don't receive anything.

My best guess is that it has something to do with google voice, but I have no idea what i did, or how to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

drew

Reaction score
Pull your battery. Works for most of us. Not sure why it happens, but it does fix it for you.

TeatherWind

Reaction score
It's a known issue and it seems to be passing the # on your sim card. I haven't found a work around for it, unless you want to use google voice to send the sms.

ionide

Reaction score
Yeah, it's your SIM # showing.

Power off the phone and remove & reinsert the SIM card.

If that doesn't fix it, call tech support from another phone. They will have you power it off & remove the SIM again, but they'll do some stuff on the network side that will get it working.

drew

Reaction score
For what it is worth, I just had to pull the battery and not the SIM card and that corrected it.

Arsonman

Reaction score
Ahhh, the search button does work on the forums. LOL. I was having the same problem and I just pulled the battery and not the sim card and it now works fine. I just wonder if this will happen again or not. I would like my text messages to be sent and responded to.

CharlieDog

Reaction score
Ahhh, the search button does work on the forums. LOL. I was having the same problem and I just pulled the battery and not the sim card and it now works fine. I just wonder if this will happen again or not. I would like my text messages to be sent and responded to.

Haha, same here. :p We'll find out if it's fixed here in a second.

Yep. Fixed it for me too. :D

nerdkill

Reaction score
i was having an issue with no texts going through. did a battery pull and all seems to be ok now. i was in the verizon store yesterday and someone else had the same problem. i hope the pull is a permanent fix.