HELP! I think i bricked my droid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazs2

Reaction score
I bought a droid and have had it working for a couple months. I decided to flash cyanogen mod 6 cause i like the features. I used a recovery only .sbf with RSDlite 4.7 , loaded sbf recovery and flashed the rom. Everything worked fine for the whole day. I was out that night and the phone died. When i returned home i plugged my phone in and nothing happened. The only sign of life i get is the white led next to the usb plug The battery is fully charged (i checked with another droid) and i tried booting with x+power, dpad up+power and even t+power. I cant get the phone to power into bootloader to use with rsdlite and i cant get it to connect to rsdlite by pressing dpad up+power and connecting it to my pc. I get no response from the phone at all beside the charging light on the side.

Is there a way to save my droid
frown.gif

I dont know if this is in the right section. i have a post in the rescue squad. Sorry if im in the wrong place.

P.S.- Im currently leaving the battery out all night hoping that something good happens when i put it back in.

Last edited:
OP
B

Blazs2

Reaction score
I bought a droid and have had it working for a couple months. I decided to flash cyanogen mod 6 cause i like the features. I used a recovery only .sbf with RSDlite 4.7 , loaded sbf recovery and flashed the rom. Everything worked fine for the whole day. I was out that night and the phone died. When i returned home i plugged my phone in and nothing happened. The only sign of life i get is the white led next to the usb plug The battery is fully charged (i checked with another droid) and i tried booting with x+power, dpad up+power and even t+power. I cant get the phone to power into bootloader to use with rsdlite and i cant get it to connect to rsdlite by pressing dpad up+power and connecting it to my pc. I get no response from the phone at all beside the charging light on the side.

frown.gif

P.S.- Im currently leaving the battery out all night hoping that something good happens when i put it back in.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Leaving the battery out is the only option you have. If that doesn't fix anything and you still can't get the bootloader to come up you have a brick. Sounds like a hardware fault, though, so you might be able to file an insurance claim or even get Verizon to replace it. Doubtful on the latter, but these phones all come with a 1-year MFR warranty against hardware faults.

Oh yeah, and you voided your warranty when you rooted.

OP
B

Blazs2

Reaction score
:(

Well thanks for the reply. I figure that if i cant get the droid to do anything, then verizon is gonna have the same luck :icon_ nana: Hopefully they wont be able to tell if i rooted my phone. How does the 1-yr mfgr warranty work? Since i bought the phone from someone second hand will they still honor the warranty? It has a clean esn btw...

And thanks for the welcome !

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You're welcome.

If they can't get the phone to boot they can't tell either. As for the warranty I'm not sure. You may have to contact CS over the phone or Motorola directly. Buying it second-hand you might not have any luck.

OP
B

Blazs2

Reaction score
Well i tried and tried but Verizon says that i'm outta luck. Motorola wont honor second hand purchases and Verizon refuses to give me a new one :( I'm back to using my sprint rumor touch :icon_ nono2: I feel like i just went from a Ferrari to a pinto....

C

cdexsw

I bought a droid and have had it working for a couple months. I decided to flash cyanogen mod 6 cause i like the features. I used a recovery only .sbf with RSDlite 4.7 , loaded sbf recovery and flashed the rom. Everything worked fine for the whole day. I was out that night and the phone died. The only sign of life i get is the white led next to the usb plug The battery is fully charged (i checked with another droid) and i tried booting with x+power, dpad up+power and even t+power. I cant get the phone to power into bootloader to use with rsdlite and i cant get it to connect to rsdlite by pressing dpad up+power and connecting it to my pc. I get no response from the phone at all beside the charging light on the side.

frown.gif

I dont know if this is in the right section. i have a post in the rescue squad. Sorry if im in the wrong place.

if the phone was working all day.....i do not see how it could be bricked unless you had a bad flash of a kernel or baseband are something the changed the rom config but that is what recovery is for.
I was out that night and the phone died
When i returned home i plugged my phone in and nothing happened
did you plug the phone/charger into a wall outlet? a usb/pc port does not have enough juice to charge or pwr on the phone after it completely dies. you must plug it into a wall outlet.
The battery is fully charged (i checked with another droid)
this does not make sense as you said
I was out that night and the phone died
the battery may still be bad nonetheless (though i doubt it). did you try using the battery from the droid you tested it with in your phone to make certain ...just to rule it or the phone out?
i have a post in the rescue squad. Sorry if im in the wrong place.
please do not double post, it makes it harder to assist you with multiple threads going.

i do not believe you are bricked. i have seen this before. i have only ever seen 2 bricked phones with my own eyes. plug the phone in (to a wall) and let it charge 3-4 hours or even overnite. if your are seeing a charge port (white light) then i am almost sure you are not bricked. i think you just need a good solid charge based on what you said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.