Bricked Help

13lackwing

Reaction score
first of all thank you for trying to help me! so i rooted my Motorola Droid last week, and put cyanomod7 onto it, and it had been working fine except whenever i would open the keyboard it would freeze up for a min and then go back to working just fine... but that's besides the point. yesterday i noticed that my battery was getting a little low so i was in the process of plugging in my phone when i got a phone call. no display showed on the screen which i thought was odd, so i hit the screen lock and nothing happened... so i figured that it just froze up so i did a battery pull, and now when i hit the power button the back-light and soft-keys come on, but no Motorola logo... just a blank screen. i tried to boot into recovery by holding down "x" while powering on and still nothing. and then i looked around and similar cases were fixed by charging the phone for several hours... which of course didn't work. any help or information on this matter would be greatly appreciated, or am i just going to have to eat it and get a new phone...

(tl,dr phone bricked, no motorola screen, cant boot into recovery, HELP!)

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have a separate battery or charger? There's a chance your battery didn't charge. Can you get into the bootloader by pressing up on the d-pad and powering up your phone?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP

13lackwing

Reaction score
I tried holding Up on the D-pad and nothing, i also tried holding m to get to the "blue screen" my battery is charged, about 3 hrs into the charge my notification ringtone went off as if i had just received a text msg, but when i went o check to see if it finally was working i was still greeted with a blank screen, my computer recognized that i plug my phone into it, because pda net activates, but i cant unmount my sd card, or see it in RSD lite so i can reflash back to 2.1. when it is plugged into the wall my notification light blinks green like i have a missedcall/new txt msg...

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like hardware failure. :(

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you were charging your battery, was the light near your USB port on?

OP

13lackwing

Reaction score
if it is, is there a way they can tell that i have it rooted... my warranty was up like 6 months ago, however i do have an extended plan, i just looked it over, and i cant find anything on there about installing custom roms... i made a claim with them because my screen lock button broke like two months ago... and they sent me a phone then i had to send my phone back to them

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Insurance doesn't care about root.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best thing to do would be sbf back to stock but since rsd lite isn't working, I'm not sure.

OP

13lackwing

Reaction score
i did not have it plugged into the computer, i had it plugged into the wall, but if you mean the light on my phone next to the charger port, no that is not on, i just plugged it back in to check

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have insurance and they don't care then maybe it doesn't matter. As far as the battery goes though, do you know anyone with a D1? Maybe you could try their battery in yours or go to Verizon and see if you can use one of their batteries.

OP

13lackwing

Reaction score
yeah my local store opens up at 11 i was going to go in and see what they can do if anything... and then i guess just deal with it till i get a replacement... thank you guys sooo much for trying to help me, i don't know the what im supposed to do to show my appreciation, i'm i supposed to "like" your posts lol oh and one more thing, did anyone else have the same problem i described with the freezing when opening the keyboard... i thought it rly odd, maybe that was the start of my problem... and if it was how would i go about fixing that...

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the keyboard thing. I do experience lag from time to time but that's probably because of the D1's lack of ram issue. I don't use compache but I do use swapper 2 for more ram but that slows thing down too. Your best bet is once you get this fixed or get a replacement phone is to make sure compcache is disabled. Installing a medium voltage kernel might help as well.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
No problem, good luck!