Help, I bricked, When's froyo coming, How do I root, Should I trade my droid for dinc

Status
Not open for further replies.

gszeman

Reaction score
[Resolved]BetterCut shortcut issue

**Resolved**

Seeing as how those are the only topics that get attention, I figured at least someone would look here...

I've had THIS post up for several days, and as active as this forum is, I find it hard to believe that no one knows what's going on...am I blacklisted? Did I do something to piss someone off? I don't think I did...I try to help others when they have issues...or is this issue just beyond anyone's knowledge?

Please take a look at the link, or post here if you have any ideas or suggestions...

Thank you!

gszeman said:
Hello,

I am at a loss. I am trying to put a shortcut for the phone (com.android.phone) in my launcher bar (Helix1). Here is what I did and what is happening.

I am running BB1.0 with Team Chaos Dark Edge theme. all of the apps I want in the launcher bar are themed with the DE icons. I wanted to change these to the deviantart devine icons. I long pressed the screen, selected Shortcuts>>Better Cut>>Activity>>Phone (Contacts - DialtactsActivity). I then change the icon and click create. I did the same for Messaging, Market and E-mail. Messaging, Market and E-mail all work fine...I click the icon and it takes me to the app. Phone however, says "Application is not installed on your phone". If I open the app drawer and long press Phone, I can place it on the screen and it works fine. But when I try to create a shortcut for it...I get that error. So, I placed the icon on the screen from the app drawer, made sure it worked fine, opened Better Cut and selected Edit Shortcut. I navigated to the phone shortcut I just placed on the screen and selected it, changed icon and clicked create. When I go back to the screen it was on, there are now 2 icons for phone there...the one I dragged from the app drawer, and a new one with the icon I want. The one from the app drawer works, and the new one doesn't!

Any ideas? Could it be a Better Cut issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Glenn

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No need to make an attention post like this...just bump up your old one. Try reinstalling better cut.

OP
gszeman

gszeman

Reaction score
No need to make an attention post like this...just bump up your old one. Try reinstalling better cut.

I felt there was a need, as I have bumped the original post a couple of times with no results. In addition to another post where I asked for help on what I did wrong when I tried to change .png files that also has no response. Better Cut has been uninstalled and re-installed, I deleted all backup info from titanium thinking that maybe somehow traces of the old application were being restored.

So, if that is your way of saying that you think it is a bBetter Cut issue, are there other options besides BC for changing icons? Other than changing them in the apk itself?

Anyways, you have to give me credit for the title...

Sorry if it came across pissy...just frustrated. thanks for your reply.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Np...try Anycut in the market.

OP
gszeman

gszeman

Reaction score
Thanks Titans! AnyCut worked...I had to create the shortcut with AnyCut, then edit/change the icon with BetterCut...I appreciate the suggestion!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Np glad it worked

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You really need to stop making titles like this....

Status
Not open for further replies.