HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How play a movie????

Daywalker

Reaction score
I am all new to this and none of what I read in the searches means anything to me.

I added both the full and the portable version of digital copy of movie to sd card but no matter what video player app I try they all say "cannot play video sorry this video can not be played"

they are wmv files please someone walk me through this

kevdog

Reaction score
I dont think it can play wmv files -- convert to mp4 mpv.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am all new to this and none of what I read in the searches means anything to me.

I added both the full and the portable version of digital copy of movie to sd card but no matter what video player app I try they all say "cannot play video sorry this video can not be played"

they are wmv files please someone walk me through this

PLAYABLE FORMATS
AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA, eAAC+, OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB, AAC+, MIDI

Those are the playable audio / video extensions. WMV is unfortunately not one of them.

You should be able to find quite a few free wmv to mp4 programs.

BillTheCat

Reaction score
Just Google "convert wmv to mp4" and there will be loads of free programs out there.

Not certain, as I have only just begun to play with it, but the free "Motorola Media Link" software may handle the conversion. It's a free download on their site.

Not 100% certain how any DRM protected/restricted file would convert, and whether r not they would be playable. So that's something to consider, too. Make sure your test run is with an unprotected video file.

Vancelot

Reaction score
I have tried and failed with this. The digital copy .wmv files are drm'ed and encrypted. If you try to convert, you get garbage. If you try to rip the video_ts folder, you fail. The videos are encrypted at the file level.

So if anyone has a work around for this, I would be glad to here about it.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have AnyDVD to remove the DVD encryption, but i bought it when it was free updates forever so i was happy, as it is alot more for this option now. After installing it about a year or two ago, i never had problems with encryption errors.

Vancelot

Reaction score
I don't think AnyDVD would help here since the they are encrypted at the file level.

OP
Daywalker

Daywalker

Reaction score
I got it! Seems just can't use the digital copy that ones with it which is odd because it says it is a copy for portable device. Even the iPhone iPod version was no go. Ripped and loaded and is fine thanks everyone.

struong57

Reaction score
Daywalker, what program did you use to rip your DVD movie? And how did you get your ripped movie onto your Motor Droid? Thanks.

metalmenance

Reaction score
dont mind converting but the problem is when i get an email with wmv video attached
i would like to be able to view it right then and not go to pc or convert it
hope they get this file assoc fixed since wmv files are a common type used for sm videos sent through emails