Help, droid X root problem

droidx9991

Reaction score
Ok so i have my Droid X it is 2.3.4 android, and running 4.5.621 system version. The problem im facing is that i rooted the phone earlier today with "Droid 3easy root script v7" it worked and i got superuser and i backed it up using titanium backup( thats how i knew it was rooted) then while trying to flash a rom i tried to boot it into recovery mode and it didnt work so i pulled the battery. now the phones not rooted i tried again and again and even tried another program (Petes motorolla root tool) and no luck. It goes through exploit 1 of 3 and reboots fine, but when it get to 2 of 3, it says...

failed on '/data/local.prop' -Permission denied
cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied

Then it reboots and goes to 3 of 3 and....

remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'busybox' to '/system/xbin/busybox': read only file system
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/xbin/su': read only file system
failed to copy 'superuser.apk'to '/system/app/superuser.apk':read only file system
unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: read only file system
unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: read only file system
unable to chmod /data: operation no permitted
*ALL DONE YOU SHOULD BE ROOTED!

But it doesnt re root. Help ive spent hours trying to fix and even reset my phone to try to start new but it didnt work.

milski65

Reaction score
Ok so i have my Droid X it is 2.3.4 android, and running 4.5.621 system version. The problem im facing is that i rooted the phone earlier today with "Droid 3easy root script v7" it worked and i got superuser and i backed it up using titanium backup( thats how i knew it was rooted) then while trying to flash a rom i tried to boot it into recovery mode and it didnt work so i pulled the battery. now the phones not rooted i tried again and again and even tried another program (Petes motorolla root tool) and no luck. It goes through exploit 1 of 3 and reboots fine, but when it get to 2 of 3, it says...

failed on '/data/local.prop' -Permission denied
cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied

Then it reboots and goes to 3 of 3 and....

remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'busybox' to '/system/xbin/busybox': read only file system
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/xbin/su': read only file system
failed to copy 'superuser.apk'to '/system/app/superuser.apk':read only file system
unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: read only file system
unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: read only file system
unable to chmod /data: operation no permitted
*ALL DONE YOU SHOULD BE ROOTED!

But it doesnt re root. Help ive spent hours trying to fix and even reset my phone to try to start new but it didnt work.

It appears the only way to root is with voodoo rootkeeper in the market. But you needed to apply that BEFORE you took the update. As of now you cannot root your phone. In addition, you have NO sbf options being on 621. Don't even try to do that. You'll brick your device. You could try googling 621 rooting to see if anyone successfully applied rootkeeper after upgrade. I think I've seen one person mention it working. But do be careful.

jooneez

Reaction score
Still no way?

I have same version droid x from Asurion. It came with the 2.3.4 .. .621 version.
Is there any way to root this thing?
I just got this phone due to the previous phone screen issue and I thought Asurion has no more Droid X.
But, surprisingly, a Droid X, not X2, came with the latest version of rom.
Now, I can't even root nor use all the root apps. FML, oh no, FMP

pistacio

Reaction score
I have a friend with a DX. we rooted with the easy script method prior to the latest update .621. We used voodoo rootkeeper, applied the update, then rerooted using voodoo.

My question is, if he sends the DX to Motorola for warranty repair, will we be able to use voodoo to gain root once again by restoring the SU backup it creates?

pistacio

Reaction score
Did some searching on this ^. Voodoo rootkeeper stores its SU backup in the /system directory, so if the X is factory reset or .sbf'd by Motorola, the backup will be wiped and will not be able to regain root by the Voodoo app.