Help broken recovery

smitty6750

Reaction score
Can some one please help me I'm on rooted droid x and I tried to download a theme from rom manager and itdownloaded fine but when it tried to boot into clockwork recovery itfreezes in moto m. I have to pull battery and jt reboots fine but still wont go in custom recovery even using bootstrap really dont wanna sbf any help would be greag.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
use bootstrap and reload your clockwork recovery. can I suggest installing the rom through clockwork recovery for now on instead of rom manager.

OP
S

smitty6750

Reaction score
How would I do tthat through bootstrap. I tried to hit button said install bootstrap through the app and it says successful but will not boot into recovery at all

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
install bootstrap and then reinstall clockwork

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I appear to have a major problem with my Droid X. I was rooted, with Bootstrap installed, CW Recovery, Rom Manager - the whole nine yards. I tried to install DX2313 - Deoxed (the leaked Froyo update), using the procedure set out at this site: DROID X New Froyo Leak V23.13 | WJD Designs but I think what may be the basis of my problem was that I didn't go into recovery through bootstrap. What happened was that periodically when I power up the Droid X, it seems to go directly to CW Recovery, after the "M" startup logo. I just choose reboot and it then reboots and takes me to the desktop. This time, since I was already in CW Recovery, I just went ahead and started the process shown on that page. Which was essentially wiping cache, choosing the zip file and installing. The page says the initial installation may take longer than five minutes. I waited 15 minutes - stuck at the "M", then pulled the battery and waited a minute and put it back in. Stuck again at the "M". Waited another 5-10 minutes, pulled the battery, waited 5 minutes, put it back in and now it won't do *anything* - no "M", nothing at all.

First question: Am I totally screwed? Is there a way to recover from this. I have a nandroid backup, if I could find a way to boot to recovery.

Second question: Was the fact that I didn't access CW Recovery through bootstrap the fatal error on my part that started this whole mess? If I can recover, should I try again, the CORRECT way?

Thanks much!

-Mike

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Follow-up to the above post: I did yet another battery pull and NOW, when I hit power, I do get the Motorola "M". It's just sitting at the "M", two or three minutes in, but I think I'll leave it sit there for a bit. I *know* the battery was fully charged before I started this whole adventure, so it can't be lower than 90% right now.

Any thoughts on how I should proceed to recover a functional phone?

-Mike

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if ur stuck at the M logo theres really only one thing u can do and thats flash the SBF..

heres the link
Droid X

its halfway down on the page.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
if ur stuck at the M logo theres really only one thing u can do and thats flash the SBF..

heres the link
Droid X

its halfway down on the page.

Thanks for the response! What I'm still not following though is *how* I flash SBF. I read elsewhere that I hold down the volume button and the camera button, while pushing the power button. That takes me to a kind of boot screen - black background, white text (reminds me of DOS), then I plug in the USB cable. My PC reacts - but not like it usually does with a USB connection. The PC says it's installing software (where did the software come from?), then quickly says the installation failed. Meanwhile, I've got the SBF on my PC, a USB connection, and the black screen that reminds me of DOS. At this point, how do I launch the SBF? From the PC hat may not know there's a phone connected to it? From the phone? With what keyboard?

I'm sorry to seem so sense...

-Mike