Help, bluetooth deactivates at precisely 11:30pm (HTC DNA)

Jastzu

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a new member to the forums and I have an issue I'm hoping the community might be able to help out with.

Here it is, my HTC Droid DNA deactivates bluetooth at precisely 11:30pm every night.

When this happens I'm usually on my commute home listening to Radiolab, This American Life, Planet Money, or a playlist... It's annoying to no end. I've navigated through all the settings that would seem relevant (to me anyhow) but don't see anything I've set that would cause this. I'm new to Android though and figured the community might be able to shed some light on my predicament. I've searched the forums and have Googled this to no end and have yet to find anything helpful. If I missed some obvious post here or elsewhere, my apologies.

My DNA is running the factory installed Android 4.1.1. My bluetooth headset is LG's Tone+ HBS-730 (the headset doesn't seem to be a factor in this, but I figure there's no such thing as too much information when it comes to technical issues:)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a new member to the forums and I have an issue I'm hoping the community might be able to help out with.

Here it is, my HTC Droid DNA deactivates bluetooth at precisely 11:30pm every night.

When this happens I'm usually on my commute home listening to Radiolab, This American Life, Planet Money, or a playlist... It's annoying to no end. I've navigated through all the settings that would seem relevant (to me anyhow) but don't see anything I've set that would cause this. I'm new to Android though and figured the community might be able to shed some light on my predicament. I've searched the forums and have Googled this to no end and have yet to find anything helpful. If I missed some obvious post here or elsewhere, my apologies.

My DNA is running the factory installed Android 4.1.1. My bluetooth headset is LG's Tone+ HBS-730 (the headset doesn't seem to be a factor in this, but I figure there's no such thing as too much information when it comes to technical issues:)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Does it come back on automatically, or stay disconnected?

OP
J

Jastzu

Reaction score
lloyd,

Thanks for responding, sorry for my delay in doing so. I've been having problems logging in the past few days.

This isn't a temporary bluetooth drop; I've had that happen too, but I work in a data center and I chalk that up to EMI.

No, at 11:30pm my bluetooth just deactivates and I have to drop into settings to reactivate it. Something I failed to mention before is that bluetooth, Wifi and mobile data ALL shutdown at 11:30pm. To me that suggests some sort of sleep setting for these features, but I've mined "settings" numerous times and I don't see any function/setting that would cause this behavior.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Been awhile since a played with a DNA, does it have smart actions that might turn off data at 11:30?

Just puppy footing around. (auto correct)

OP
J

Jastzu

Reaction score
Smart actions... That gives me something to go on. I'll do the research and let you know.

Thanks again.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
It'll be in your app tray if you have it.

Just puppy footing around. (auto correct)