Some questions about bluetooth and CM7...

breachless

Reaction score
LOVING CM7... I have a question though: I have a deck in my car that allows me to play audio through bluetooth on my phone, as well as the capability to take and make phone calls. The problem is that, like many bluetooth decks, the microphone sits behind the faceplate and nobody can hear me very well. To get around it, I currently use a headset. The problem is, when I answer a call, even if I plug the headset into the phone, the phone wants to default to bluetooth, so I have to quickly press the bluetooth button on the phone to deactivate it. When I do this, the person on the other end is greeted with a very loud beep.

What I would like to be able to do is set my phone to only sync with the deck with bluetooth audio, and NOT the phone portion.I know the two function on different levels, but I have never been able to find a way to make the phone ignore bluetooth for phone calls. I listen to music all day long while driving via bluetooth so I don't want to shut bluetooth down...

I figure if there is any ROM with the capability to do this, it would be CM7. Anybody have any ideas? Is there a setting somewhere I am missing?

OP
B

breachless

Reaction score
You know, I think I might have found a solution: Tasker! I just set a task that states that if the phone is docked, bluetooth voice is disabled. Haven't tested yet, but I think that might actually do the trick...

Taegost

Reaction score
If you go into Wireless & Network -> Bluetooth Settings -> Click on the device in question, it'll give you a couple checkboxes for what is available. Un-check the phone audio from the stereo, and you don't have to worry about it.