Bluetooth Audio stopped working after 2.1 update

naspinski

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid and a Pioneer Premier DEH-P610BT in my 2006 VW GTI.

Up until the update, my Bluetooth Audio worked fine. I was able to stream Slacker as well as the audio player.

Since the update a week or so ago, I can only make phonecalls through my receiver, I can not get any streaming audio.

My deck has 2 lights on it, one is a phone for the bluetooth phone connection, and the other is a bluetooth icon that apparently represented audio that no longer lights up as it did before.

Anyone else having this problem or know of what I may be doing wrong? Thank you.

Essex

Reaction score
I just kept playing around with pairing and disconnected until it said phone audio and media auto connected.

wyz

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid and a Pioneer Premier DEH-P610BT in my 2006 VW GTI.

Up until the update, my Bluetooth Audio worked fine. I was able to stream Slacker as well as the audio player.

Since the update a week or so ago, I can only make phonecalls through my receiver, I can not get any streaming audio.

My deck has 2 lights on it, one is a phone for the bluetooth phone connection, and the other is a bluetooth icon that apparently represented audio that no longer lights up as it did before.

Anyone else having this problem or know of what I may be doing wrong? Thank you.
If I could tell you why I'd let you know but I haven't had bluetooth on my Ford sync system for over three weeks now and once it was there than not.
Was hoping 2.1 would fix it,got it today, no change. Called verizon, did a reset,still no music audio although the phone works fine. The girl told me bluetooth is not supported on the droid?????? Huh, hey lady I had it and they took it away.:icon_eek: this is getting weird.

leewhite

Reaction score
Me Too

I am having the same problem. I had been using bluetooth to stream audio to the Pioneer head unit in my car before the 2.1 update. Now it will handle calls without a problem, but it will not recognize the A2DP audio stream.

wyz

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I had been using bluetooth to stream audio to the Pioneer head unit in my car before the 2.1 update. Now it will handle calls without a problem, but it will not recognize the A2DP audio stream.
More and more complaints about this are coming in.
I haven't had a chance to check it out with Ford but maybe it's a Verizon or Moto problem although they can't figure it out.
Maybe a root would change thing but I'm not about to do that presently.
Got tired of trying to fix the tooth and I went out to Radio Shack and bought a short cable to connect to the Ford system and at least I can play the Pandora radio and all the rest that way.

OP
N

naspinski

Reaction score
I just kept playing around with pairing and disconnected until it said phone audio and media auto connected.

As strange as this advice is, it worked...

I just went into bluetooth settings and started turning crap on and off and somehow it started working, no problems since.

bloodler

Reaction score
my audio for multimedia works fine through my droid, but ever since the 2.1 update phone calls do not work on my s305 motorokr bluetooth wireless headset. this is a real crappy situation, any help would be appreciated:motdroidhoriz:

Jimfowl

Reaction score
Bluetooth audio stream Fixed!

Don't know why this fixed it, but it did. Have the car sterio turned on and ready to play streamed audio from phone. Turn on whatever it is you use on your phone to play audio. Go to wireless & network settings > bluetooth settings > long touch device under bluetooth devices > options > de-select media, then reselect it. Mine started working. Hope this helps!

android4chas

Reaction score
To get it to work after the update you just need to:
1. Go to settings/wireless&network/BluetoothSettings
2. Long press the device and select options
3. This should take you to a page that has the profiles for Phone and Media uncheck and then recheck Media.

Then you should be all set