Help, Battery

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey recently got a razr and was hoping you guys could name a few apps/tips to help the battery last longer.

Also there is a point when the battery is around 35% and it'll shoot down to 10% . I've tried numerous calibration attempts with no luck in fixing it.

Any advice or response would be great fully appreciated

bigmatt503

Reaction score
I have yet to figure out the 35-to 10 percent problem.. I've tried FDR twice and have Givin up! Any other ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 4

cris

Reaction score

• Power the phone off (hold power and select "Power off", then accept).
  • Plug the phone into the STOCK MOTOROLA CHARGER AND CABLE and allow it to boot into Charge Only mode (represented by a large battery icon on the screen).
  • Allow the phone to charge for the greater of 3.5 hours for the Droid RAZR (5.5 hours for the MAXX), or until the display says 100% when you briefly tap one of the volume control buttons. This may take considerably less than the recommended times above depending on what the battery's actual "State of Charge" is (and not what the meter says it is).
  • Once fully charged, remove it from charge and power up normally.
  • Use it as you normally do throughout the day, and continue to run on battery only, until the phone displays the low battery warning and recommends you place it on the charger (10% with Jelly Bean and ICS, 15% with Gingerbread). Whatever you do, DO NOT allow it to discharge to the point where it powers itself off. This can result in the phone becoming completely unresponsive to the charger.
  • Now repeat the charging process with power off. This time, it should take the better part of the 3.5 (or 5.5), hours mentioned above before it gets to the required 100% charge level. If you don't allow it to reach 100% each time, and also to reach the discharge level where charging is recommended through this three-step process, it must be performed again or it will not have the desired effect of setting the full and empty flags for the meter.

you might try gsam battery monitor to see if there is a app pulling the batery down, i had google now pulling my battery down and after shutting it off i was ok.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah this is what I've been doing with no luck. Countless times :(

cris

Reaction score
Is the phone you got new or used. If it was used the battery may need to be replaced.
Have you tried gsam battery monitor to see what might be pulling the battery down?

djspy

Reaction score
My Maxx HD did this. I was at 30%, would shut off the screen then turn it back on sings time later and it was down to 21% or so. One day I turned off the phone at around 25% and charged it over night and the next day it didn't do that sudden drain.

ajarnfalang

Reaction score
Hey recently got a razr and was hoping you guys could name a few apps/tips to help the battery last longer.

Also there is a point when the battery is around 35% and it'll shoot down to 10% . I've tried numerous calibration attempts with no luck in fixing it.

Any advice or response would be great fully appreciated

iPhone has the same problem.

Nowadays everything sucks.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Almost sounds like a bad cell in the battery.

If its consistent and a FDR and several battery calibrations don't fix it, then it certainly sounds like a bad cell.

David

bigmatt503

Reaction score
WAY to common among the razr users to be a bad cell.. IMHO, but at this point who knows! Thanks for the idea though

Sent from my rooted droid razr using Tapatalk 4

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I'll just deal with it till I upgrade

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Another thought is what are you doing at the time of day when there is a sudden drop? Is is at a consistent time?

For instance, in the morning I stream music via bluetooth on my way into work. At work I usually text and use data regularly and data drops fairly consistently but at the end of the day I usually call my wife and talk to her via the handsfree BT in my car during my 45 minute ride home. I usually leave work with around 75% battery but by the time I get home, it has dropped to around 50%.

Just a thought...

David

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
No I mean it's a straight drop from 30 to 10. It's like it doesn't even know the numbers between 30 and 10 are there

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4

bigmatt503

Reaction score
Yes!! This is exactly what Mine does too!! Nothing between 30-10% it pisses me off. I think it started around the JB update.. Maybe? Anyone have any ideas?

ajarnfalang

Reaction score
Yes!! This is exactly what Mine does too!! Nothing between 30-10% it pisses me off. I think it started around the JB update.. Maybe? Anyone have any ideas?

When there's an android update. Is there a way to update the whole thing? Or is it only OTA updates?

Like I can update the iPhone 100MB OTA, or plug into iTunes and download the whole 966MB.

I don't like OTA updates.

Short of wiping the phone and reinstalling the software I'm not sure what you can do.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Wow, I'm glad I don't have this issue with my Razr. I do use smart actions to help keep me charged through the work day. I have a rule set for 30% where it slightly reduces the brightness on the screen. It also stops syncing back round data unless I'm using my phone. I average 10 - 12 hours of use right now.