very poor battery life

Krenzy

Reaction score
My Maxx would have made it an estimated 12 hours yesterday, and the ONLY thing I did all day on it were use the Facebook app (and force close upon exit) and use the browser (again, force close upon exit). I did a factory reset and it hasn't really made a difference in the battery life, although it straightened out the phone issues I was having.

OP
L

lime4x4

Reaction score
well last night i did a factory data reset and it appears to have helped greatly. 12 hours and i'm at 60%.

casper05lly

Reaction score
Got this today, but with very little screen time. The kernel is using a lot though

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357184206838.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357184206838.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 251
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357184217612.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357184217612.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 245
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357184228005.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357184228005.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 273
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357184236411.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357184236411.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 260

jaye712

Reaction score
Got this today, but with very little screen time. The kernel is using a lot though

The kernel is the main thing for our phones to work as i understand it.i would get "battery monitor "(thanks to fox) app instead of gsam.speaking for myself,not only my phone started to tweek out but it drained my battery

#215 G.I JANE

casper05lly

Reaction score
There are several battery monitor apps. Do you the name of the developer for the one you are using

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I am also suddenly seeing severe battery drain on my Razr and its driving me crazy! I can't even make it thru a 12 hr shift at work and that is with a few times hitting the power button to check the time (its my watch at times) and sending about 5 texts back and forth. That is crazy! Still on ICS and not rooted. So I've been trying to figure this out and the only big change is switching from imo to IM+ as my im app. That switches to push after 1 min of not using the app and doesn't really make much of a dent in the list of things using the battery. What I have noticed, however, is that every time my phone drops and regains 4G, it turns the screen on, even tho I'm on my Wi-Fi . I'm close to the edge of 4G at my house, so even while typing this it prob happened 2-3 times and I currently have only 2 bars. I'm sitting 6 ft from my router and nothing else is running on the Wi-Fi right now, so this screenshot makes no sense either. Help?!?

View attachment 59668

If you don't mind, what app did you use for the graphing? :confused:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
heres mine after 6 hours and only did 4 text messages

View attachment 59657

This is not normal. I am Wonderng if a meter training might be in order.

Also, your signal level was poor most of the time (the yellow bar below the graph).

andrew5353

Reaction score
Restore battery life with jell bean

After you have updated with jelly bean you need to go into settings, application manager, then all. Scroll down and disable "Samsung Push" and remember if you use the Samsung app it will enable it again. Jelly bean has come with a new update for
Samsung Push and it is the battery killer in Jelly Bean. One more thing to save a little power is go into settings and then location settings and untick Google location reporting. Google doesn't need to know where we are every five minutes so turn it off as it just keeps waking your phone up and wasting power. But Samsung Push is what everyone needs to know regarding poor battery life with jelly bean and tell as many as you can as it is driving people crazy. My battery went from at least 2 days down to
about 10 hours but now I have my 2 days back.

andrew5353

Reaction score
Battery

Go into Application manager, running and disable "Samsung Push" as it is the battery killer in jelly bean. Google it and you will see that you don't need it running but if you use the Samsung app on your phone it will enable it again. Just disable it and you
will get your battery life back. You can untick Google location reporting if you want to save a bit more as it wakes your phone every few minutes to tell google where you are.

moset

Reaction score
After you have updated with jelly bean you need to go into settings, application manager, then all. Scroll down and disable "Samsung Push" and remember if you use the Samsung app it will enable it again. Jelly bean has come with a new update for
Samsung Push and it is the battery killer in Jelly Bean. One more thing to save a little power is go into settings and then location settings and untick Google location reporting. Google doesn't need to know where we are every five minutes so turn it off as it just keeps waking your phone up and wasting power. But Samsung Push is what everyone needs to know regarding poor battery life with jelly bean and tell as many as you can as it is driving people crazy. My battery went from at least 2 days down to
about 10 hours but now I have my 2 days back.

Samsung Push on my Motorola RAZR? It's not there.

Inky1216

Reaction score
So as a follow up to my other post - seemed like one of the things draining the battery was the the screen was coming on, or partially on, every time my phone lost and regained 4G. My apt is on the edge of a service area. I sat here with it plugged in and laying on my computer desk in front of me while gaming for a few hours and watched this happen dozens of times. So 2 days ago, I bit the bullet and did a factory reset. Pain the hind-end for sure, but I'm up and running and got everything the way it was before. And, I think my problem is FIXED! Battery life seems a bit more normal now and its not doing that weird wake up thing. Any ideas on why it was doing that to begin with so I can fix it more easily next time?

And thanks for the wealth of info on this entire forum, everyone! You Rock :icon_ banana:

OP
L

lime4x4

Reaction score
A factory data reset fixed mine. After 16 hours my battery is at 60% and that with bluetooth and 4g enabled

wheeler062505

Reaction score
A factory data reset fixed mine. After 16 hours my battery is at 60% and that with bluetooth and 4g enabled

Hi, I just got my razr today and did a factory reset first thing and I seem to be losing 10% of my battery each hour.