Is there something wrong with my battery?

remedemic

Reaction score
After numerous attempts of trying to boost my battery, the damn thing still goes down way too fast. I began to think that maybe something is wrong with it. After conducting a test, I got this:

10 Minutes of 3G web browsing = 8% battery

My browsing included looking through several news sites (cnn.com, digg.com, and yahoo.com). Brightness was at 20% the whole time. Is this statistic way too low, or is it actually normal?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That sounds way to high for 3g web browsing. I have had the Bionic, Charge and Tbolt. They lasted a minimum of 4 hours, 4.5 hours, and 3 hours while doing extremely heavy, consistent data usage via HD Youtube and Netflix. Also these tests were on 4G. If your battery is not lasting longer than 3.5-4 hours at a minimum I would say take the phone back.

**Note, all tests I mentioned were with the stock battery which is 1800mAh for the Bionic, 1600mAh for the Charge and a miserable 1400mAh for the Tbolt.**

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jrpbulk

Reaction score
@reme - I had very similar experiences. I ended up exchanging mine for a new one and I ma getting much better usage, but not great.

OP
R

remedemic

Reaction score
I just called the verizon store, and the guy told me that about 10 minutes on 3G surfing with the brightness down will drain my battery by 5%. So 8% doesn't seem that bad, or was the guy BSing me? I just got the phone 3 days ago, do phones usually start off bad?

OP
R

remedemic

Reaction score
Are they going to charge me the 35$ restocking fee if the battery is a fault? or does this not count as faulty?

OP
R

remedemic

Reaction score
So I just called technical support and they said if i suspected something wrong with the battery life, they would replace my phone for free. My question now is, how can I absolutely make sure that I have a faulty battery, or at least find out if i might? Are there any simple tests I can run and report back to you guys, anything i can check that might be draining my life? I would really appreciate any help right now, thanks.