Hello!

sshoboken

Reaction score
I just got my droid 2 from Verizon last Friday. I'm a former Blackberry user so the transition was a bit rocky. I have several issues, most of which have all been solved by the mysterious OTA (over the air?) update I received today. These issues included:

1) Could not get my Corporate Sync to refresh/push automatically despite me having the Push option on and the fetch every 15 minutes option on. I had to manually push the synch button.

2) My calendar in Outlook wouldn't show up in the Droid 2 calendar. I couldn't even add it!

3) No outgoing emails were sent from my Corporate account or Yahoo account. They just sat in the Outbox.

Items 1-3 all got solved today after the OTA. Well, for better or worse, I had solved problems 1-3 above over the weekend by doing the following:

1) Getting the Yahoo mail app. It's actually easier to use and visually appealing than the Yahoo mail account you can manually add on Droid 2. Better notifications too on the status bar.

2) Getting the free 30 day trial for Touchdown for Android 2.0 by Nitro. I actually find it nice that I can have the icon on the home screen rather than my corporate synch account where I always have to go to "Messaging" first. Plus, Touchdown appears to be easier to use but maybe I'm just biased by the 5 days I couldn't get Corporate Synch to work properly. Of course, Nitro costs $20 to buy after 30 days but seems to be worth it.

Anyway, I searched and searched for solutions and this site really helped. I would have never heard about Touchdown and was going to return my phone (I didn't know the OTA was going to arrive today and fix everything)!

Well, I look forward to using my phone for more than just emails, texts and rudimentary browning that I had on the Blackberry Tour.

Thanks.