Hello!

tujiro

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I love my droid. There. I said it. It is everything and more than I've ever wanted in a hand held device. I've wanted something like this since the days of the palm pilot.

I am, however, upset that Verison is taking this long to update to Froyo. I've decided to dive into the world of rooting my phone so I can get updates and mods without waiting for months of hearing "update will soon be available." Only one problem though. I don't know what I'm doing.

I know a decent amount of networking and dealing with windows. Well, enough that everyone I know comes to me to figure out how to fix their computers. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, these are totally seperate monsters. Didn't know what deodexed was, and still kinda iffy on what it is. I've looked up some stuff on youtube and seemed easy to do there, but on some forums, it sounds extremely complicated.

If any of you could point me to where I could get started on beginner verbage and techniques of what I plan on doing would be great. I don't want to brick my phone, but I'm afraid I'm going to do that. No knowing what I'm doing has never stopped me from getting myself into trouble before, and doubt it will start here.

Look forward to learning what I can here and meeting you all!

Tujiro