Introduce and Ask for help

TheFireFighter

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Cool lookin' website here. So I'm new to the "Droid" area of things. But not new to getting my sleeves dirty when it comes to these new cell phones. I first started out with the iPhone when it first came out, switched it to T-Mobile. Then ended up with the iPhone 3G on T-Mobile, switched to Sprint and got a Palm Pre, which I immediately cracked into. But now my poor old Palm Pre has the blasted screen crack issue everyone raves about, and I need a new phone. Just so happens that my wife upgraded to some giant phone from Verizon yesterday and said I can have her HTC Incredible if I want it. :icon_ banana: Well, I have been searching around Google like crazy for the past two days, on if there is a way to to "re-flash" this phone to the sprint network. Now, I have seen a few people say NO ITS IMPOSSIBLE! And I have seen a few people who say it is possible and have done it, but I've yet to see anyone actually say "Here, this is how I did it." I know NOTHING of the Android OS. I don't know what rooting or what ROMs are or anything I've seen.

Does anyone have any advice on if this feat is actually possible? If it is, can you help me? If its not, can someone teach me how to completely wipe it, and I can just use it for wifi and MP3?

Thanks everyone!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of android and glad you found DF. Like you said, people might say it can be done, but I've never read a posting that explained how to do it. Bottom line is it really can't be flashed to Sprint.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
metropcs but not sure about sprint because they are on two different frequencies. And if you are ablye to get phone to work data will not so basically it will be an ipod touch.