Just introducing myself

davidreedernst

Reaction score
hi ho, I'm David. I've had a Motorola Droid for about 6 months now. Generally happy with it, but not without reservations. I've used this site several times anonymously for answers to questions I had, and I thought "I should actually try participating in one of these forums for once!" So, here I am.

As an Android user, one of the most peculiar things about me is that I've come here from the world of PalmOS. I used 4 or 5 palmOS devices between 2000 and 2010, and honestly, I loved it. But, Palm all but abandoned it, new features weren't getting added, no one was writing apps for it anymore. Eventually I started having hardware trouble with my latest unit, and I decided to move to a more modern setup. The Droid can do lots of things that no palmOS device ever dreamt of. That's the good news. Sadly, some of the ten year old apps that I used on the palm are still better (imho) than anything I've seen to replace them on the droid. I also kind of miss the stylus... better pointing precision meant that things to click could be smaller, which meant more could fit on the screen. I don't know why everyone likes touching the screen so much, although at least we don't need to by overpriced replacement styli anymore.

Anyway, that's a bit about me. see ya around.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

Glad to see you finally jump in and join up!