Introducing myself... A gimp with a droidX.

modisch

Reaction score
Per the welcome message, I'm introducing myself.

I received a Droid X last November as a birthday gift. Quite an upgrade over the first gen LG envy I was using.

I'm a pretty technical person and try to fill my gadget lust as my budget allows. My attempt at being an early adopter of smart phones was using a Palm Vx tethered by serial cord to a normal cell phone which could be used as a modem to dial-up to an isp. This all basically predated data directly on phones. But it gave me access to email and irc just about anywhere. The downside was I always had to wear cargo pants so I had room for a clunky phone, the Palm Pilot, and the serial cord. Got kind of silly. So it amazes me what modern smart phones can do.

I'm disabled and can't sit in a chair for long periods of time. This limits my ability to use a computer or go online. But thanks to the DroidX, I can browse, l listen to music, watch tv or movies, and stay connected with friends wherever I am. Bed, sofa, doctor's waiting room.

so, my interest is in making the best use of this smartphone. The more ways I can stay connected or entertained the better.

I rooted the phone in January and have tested out a few roms, settling on Liberty (2.0.1). I'm excited to see what keeps coming to the Android platform.

Thanks to Google for a great platform and thanks to the community for building and hacking on it, allowing schmucks like me to have a blast.

Cheers,
-m

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum and great intro. glad the community was able to help u.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
modisch

modisch

Reaction score
Hey,
Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to learning more about this community and becoming more involved. I lurked long enough.

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Well there's always room for bigger and better things, always room for improvement. That's what makes this so great. Be sure to help others out there, pay it forward and just enjoy it.
Have a great evening/morning wherever u r.

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

OP
modisch

modisch

Reaction score
Certainly. .I'll try not to be a simple mooch. As I find my footing here I will be sure to contribute in some fashion.

As for where I am, it is just outside of Washington DC. Where in Hawaii are you? My wife and I honeymooned on the big island. It was amazing and glorious. We aspire to return sometime.

Best wishes,

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }