Introduce myself

tman0712

Reaction score
First-gen smartphone user, but I've used those of many friends - and never found them to be particularly smart. I'm a coder (worked with Java, which I detest, C++, Pascal, Perl, Python, HTML and assembler, the old Turbo assembler mostly), and am planning to do development for my phone. Therefore, the Droid is right up my alley. I've only had it since 2/12, but I'm set up for coding now. Not sure if I'll root it, yet - I hate voiding a warranty when I can figure out some other workaround they may not be able to figure out...
I've been coding for 15 years, now, but this is the first work I'll do in a mobile environment, mostly because I never considered it worth my while before, and can't afford to follow all the newest fads.
Being new to Android, I'll be looking around a lot, but I'm already pretty excited, this new system is very promising...

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have a lot to offer on this forum! It is so simple to unroot the phone (if you ever needed to take it back to Verizon), I wouldn't let the warranty issue be what keeps you from doing it. Of course, the Droid is a wonderful phone without being rooted!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome tman,

You'll find that Android is very fun to work with I bet....especially the Droid, it's a very advanced piece of mobile technology. And as for rooting, I'm pretty sure that if you want to do any dev work with it, you're going to need to turn it into a dev phone!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Land of Droid, tman0712! Enjoy yourself!