Hello

slartibartfast

Reaction score
1st post. Just got my DX before the holidays and really loving the experience. I had a windoze smartphone prior but was not impressed enough to leverage a data plan. This device is head and shoulders above in all areas.

By coincidence I got a wifi ipad for Christmas so it is like technology overload. One thing I will be looking to do is root the Droid so I can unlock the wifi hotspot. Verizon's $20/mo is bogus since I am paying for unlimited data anyway! Anyway, I will do due diligence and get some heavy reading in before I do anything, but just wanted to say hello. I will see you on the forums!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. waiting for the new Xoom to arrive and see how it compares to the iPad 2. ahhhh the life of technology

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

Haloid95

Reaction score
Welcome hope u root ur droid successfully. I'm rooted and I love having a free wifi hotspot for my laptop. Good luck.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
S

slartibartfast

Reaction score
Thanks folks. Spent a few hours yesterday getting up to speed on the whole rooting thing and finally bit the bullet. I can now wirelessly connect my ipad and laptop through the Droid. Having issues with encryption on the laptop but I should be able to sort that out. Did the whole thing after consuming two pints at my favorite Mexican restaurant, lol. Used z4root and then did a backup with bootstrap. Mind numbingly simple. Also got the 340 SBF and rsdlite on the laptop just for insurance.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App