Hello to all.!

steve4752

Reaction score
Steve here. I'm new to the smart phone world after putting my LG Voyager in the garage. I've had my RAZR M for about eight months and I am slowly learning that it's an enjoyable device to work with. (My wife lured me into this digital zone.)
Of course, my first reason for stepping into Droidforums is to hopefully solve a problem with this Razr M:
While in the Chrome browser, the menu will not drop down while using the Wi-Fi connection. This does not happen when using 1X, 3G or 4G. I have switched back and forth between Wi-Fi and tower signals several times along with disconnect and restart of Sattelite and Wi-Fi. The Chrome menu will drop down for short time after reconnecting to wi-fi, but will then quit again unless I press and hold the menu button in the upper right corner of the screen and then press on a drop down menu item. This "finger puzzle" practice doesn't work every time.
Please help! Steve

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Steve.

Is any other browser working correctly? If so go to the app manager - scroll to all, find Chrome and clear the cache, force stop and restart the phone. If that doesn't get it go back and also clear the data and anything else you can clear. That will set Chrome back to defaults so some stuff may need to be re-input like saved bookmarks - passwords etc.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard Steve and keep us posted if leeshor's suggestion solves your issue...good luck!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I would add to the suggestions by leeshor above that if clearing caches doesn't fix the problem, then I'd try uninstalling updates to take chrome back to the Factory installed version. To do that, go to your app drawer (center button at the bottom of the phone), then find Chrome, press and hold it, then drag it up to the App info prompt at the top. Then you should see a screen like the one below.

epenerum.jpg

Click on Uninstall updates. Once done, power the phone off and back on. Then run Chrome and see if the problem is still there. If its fine, then go ahead and allow it to update net time it asks or you can go to the play store, search for Chrome, and then choose update.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
steve4752

steve4752

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Steve.

Is any other browser working correctly? If so go to the app manager - scroll to all, find Chrome and clear the cache, force stop and restart the phone. If that doesn't get it go back and also clear the data and anything else you can clear. That will set Chrome back to defaults so some stuff may need to be re-input like saved bookmarks - passwords etc.
*hello. All is working well now. Thank you,smalltowngirl13, FoxKat and SFGate!